Monday, November 27, 2023

Winter Wishes

 Hi all!

Well, my goal of not leaving the studio for the entire day was kiboshed...darn responsibilities...  Are you able to stay in your crafting space for a full day without interruption? I'm so jealous of those that can...*sigh*...I will try again later in the week.  Also, any suggestions on how to take better photos of cards?  I generally just use daylight, but with the weather changing, the lighting is terrible...I hate to invest in a ton of equipment, but what choice do I have?  Suggestions?

  

I was able to finish one last card, it wasn't my favorite of the day, but I do love a solid color card...or non-colored card in this case!  I used the sketch...although turned on its side....provided by the Try Stampin' on Tuesday challenge blog, and the seasonal theme of 'Winter' for the Inkspirational challenge.  These photos were taken at 3 o'clock today...it's very overcast in Ohio in the winter...sigh.


In keeping with my monochromatic theme of the day...not on purpose mind you...this card is all one color.  I'm not really sure if it has the full effect desired, but a card with lots of texture is always a fun one.  Snowflake dies from Pinkfresh were used for the circles in the sketch, one smaller than the other.  Then a leftover strip cut from the Dashed Snowflake die by Waffle Flower from this creation earlier today.


The delicate sentiment dies are from an old Spellbinders Christmas Mix and Match Sentiments...it's retired, but available on Amazon!  They are so beautiful and feminine.  The combination had to be place on a vellum panel to stand out against the busy snowflakes in the background.  The 3rd snowflake was needed to ground the sentiment, and you can't have too many snowflakes...unless it's real snow...

The card front was finished with a bunch of sequin sparkles...winter isn't complete without some sparkle, right? 

 That's all I have for now, I hope you all have a non-monochromatic, colorful, non-cloudy day!

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

Love the single color, especially in white. Try getting an all spectrum light bulb and use a diffused lamp shade. It works pretty good and so much more consistent light. Even bouncing light source (flashlight, small nightlight) on a small mirror adds the shimmer and shine.

Polly said...

LOVE your monochromatic card is all the whites and sparkly snowflakes and embellishments! Thanks for sharing with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday! :)

I always take my photos outside, usually between 11:30-2 p.m. (depending on the season) with backdrops behind and under the cards. Yes, the weather changing does make photo taking a challenge... I have to take the photos earlier in the day when it's dark sooner.
I find it too challenging to take photos inside. Outside with the natural lighting is way better.. and less equipment (but that's just me)! :)

Donna Scholz said...

Kristin, what a beautiful card! I like the monochromatic palette and how you used snowflakes as the round themes in our TSOT sketch!! Photographers will almost always tell you that it's better to take photos in indirect light, rather than under a bright light. Bright light casts shadows that you may not want, and also washes out some colors. Thank you so much for sharing your card and creativity with us!!! -Donna

aussie aNNie said...

What amazing work and gorgeous image, brilliant and fabulous result. ♥

Melanie R said...

Love what you did with the sketch, Kristin! Your all-white card is simply beautiful. Thank you for joining us at TSOT #634. - Melanie R.