Friday, December 8, 2023

OMG - Guest Designer!!! I FORGOT TO PUSH PUBLISH!!!!!

 Hi all!

AAACCCKKK!!!  I FORGOT TO PUSH PUBLISH!!!  Sorry this is late in it's post...

OMG!!  I have the honor to be asked to be a guest designer on the Color Throwdown this week!  It's such a thrill to be invited to be a part of their post...it's like high school and being accepted!  I'm 30+ years away from high school, but the thrill is still there...


This week our colors are cobalt blue, aqua and gold...such a great combination!  Blue is an underrated color for the holidays, so I decided to create a holiday card using my new die sets from Concord on 9th, Over the Rooftops.  

I didn't opt to make the card interactive...not sure why...it's a great feature of this die set!  I'll be sure to do it next time.  The background was inked with Altenew Glacier Caves  and Cool Summer Nights color stories then splattered with metallic gold watercolor paint.

The houses were ink blended in the colors to match, but the litte windows have brushed gold metallic paper for some shimmer.  The sentiment and the moon were also done with the gold paper.  

***Since I'm a SLACKER and forgot to push publish, I thought I'd add another card I made at the some time for my guest post...I'm so bad!!!  


My uncle passed away the day before Thanksgiving this year and I felt the sentiment was perfect for my cousin.  He had a long battle with colon cancer and while I grieve, I am happy he is at peace with my aunt in heaven.


Have a colorful week everyone...I'll try to be better!!

No comments: