Saturday, July 1, 2023

THIRLLED!

 Hi all!

I'm so excited to share with you all today...I was selected by the team at Just Us Girls Challenge (aka JUGS) to be their guest designer for the month of July!!!  

Its such an honor...I love this challenge site.  They are always changing it up each week with their challenges, which makes me think outside of the box.  That's when I do my best creating!


The first challenge this month is Pastels.  This is a challenge for me, as I LOVE COLOR! (as a former art teacher is kind required) Most of my projects have lots of bold color, so to keep the colors soft and muted is a bit outside of my comfort zone.

I used a new stencil set from The Ton called Sweet Bouquet.  While for me it creams for the need of bold colors, I do love this pastel version.  All the inks are from Altenew, Vanilla Cream, Frost Pink and Pink Pearl. The centers were done with Industrial Diamond ink (also from Altenew), it's a soft but deep grey color that I love using.  The greens are Frayed Leaf and Forest Glades and the back ground is Mountain Mist using the Broken Chevrons stencil.

The sentiment is from Bold Sentiments and again I used Industrial Diamond to ink it.  I added gunmetal Stickles to the centers of the flowers and a few dots around.


NOW...show me your pastel creation!  I can't wait to see them...

Have a colorful day!  See you next week!

11 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Congrats on being the JUGS Chic of the Month, Kristin! You handled those pastels just beautifully, my friend! LOve that sweet bouquet!
=]

Vicki Dutcher said...

Your flowers are just stunning against that lovely background! Love this card. Welcome to JUGS for the month of July.

ElizStewart said...

Kristin... amazing job with your pastels. Your card is stunning. Thanks so much for guesting with us this month! So looking forward to your creations!

Nancy said...

Kristin, First of all-Welocome as our guest this month at JUGS, we are lucky to have you! Your first card is just gorgeous! That background is as terrific as the floral. I didn't know you were a former Art teacher no wonder you have such talent. My hubby is a retired Art teacher as well. Take care!

Lisa Elton said...

Wowee, Kristin, your card is gorgeous! So happy to have you guesting with us this month!

Carol said...

Welcome Kristin! Your pastel card is fabulous! Lots of detail in the design and colors!!! Looking forward to all of your ideas this month!

Ina G said...

Simply beautiful Kristin. Gorgeous colours and super background. So happy to have you as our Guest this month. Looking forward to seeing your creations.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is absolutely stunning! Your flowers are gorgeous and that background is amazing and a perfect backdrop for those beauties. Welcome to JUGS! You have certainly started out with a bang.

TK said...

Love your "out of comfort zone" pastels, one would never know! Great job, congrats for the GD position, and a beautiful card

Bobby said...

Your flowers are absolutely gorgeous, Kristin. I will have to remember that color combination because it made the best pastel flower. So glad to have you guest designing with us this month.

cm said...

Welcome to Just Us Girls, Kristin and WOW! Talk about making an impressive debut with your gorgeous bloom. Pastel may be out of your comfort zone, but you've aced the challenge with your palette choices. Awe-mazing!
~carol