Saturday, July 8, 2023

Seashell JUGS

 Hi all!

Here I am again with another Guest Designer card for the Just Us Girls Challenge (aka JUGS)!  I love this opportunity and am being challenged for sure...I literally only have 1 stamp set in all my collection that has this weeks theme:

 


Yup!  Just 1 stamp set...AND there are only 2 shell stamps....AND they're super tiny.  I don't even have printed papers with shells on them! I think the saving grace is the sentiment really.  I mean it's made for this challenge!


This little stamp set is from Lawn Fawn called Manatee-rific.  Our family's house in Florida was on the mouth of the Manatee river, the Gulf of Mexico and the Tampa Bay.  We had manatees swimming right up to our deck ALL the time!  I'm sure that's what I was thinking of when I bought this set.  I don't normally gravitate towards 'cutsie' sets but this one is adorable!

It has also be AGES since I've made a shaker card. I'm thinking probably 10 years ago at least, so this was a fun card to create.  I also used Altenew's Dotted Waves die and stencil set for the background, and used alcohol makers to color the images from Altenew as well.  I'm just starting to get into alcohol markers, so if you have any tips, I'd love to hear them!

The sequins are ones I use all the time and I added a bit of iridescent glitter to the mix as well.  I think they look like little bubbles....  I guess that's it!  

Have a colorful day!

11 comments:

Carol said...

From thinking you didn't have a thing to this? Fabulous!!!! Love every detail!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Total CUTENESS 😊. Those manatees totally made me smile

cm said...

Awww...your manatees shaker is adorable! And the little shells are perfect! No shells in my collection either...until I ordered a fabulous stencil from Your Next Stamp. Your card is delightfully inspiring.
~carol

Nancy said...

This is such a darling shaker, Kristin! The background looks incredible too! Awesome job considering your comment of not having too much to work with. I give you an A++ that is for sure!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I absolutely love those adorable manatees! So cute how you have them swimming amongst the pretty waves and extra cuteness to being a shaker card! Fabulous!

I Card Everyone said...

I had so hoped to spot a Manatee when I visited Nancy in Florida! Yours are just adorable, Kristin!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Yes, the perfect sentiment and the cutest little shells! Sweet card, Kristin!

Bobby said...

How wonderful that must have been to see manatees at your front door, Krisitn. I did see some when visiting friends in Florida a long time ago. Your paper ones are adorable and I love how you created a shaker for them with that wonderful background die.

Julia Aston said...

I love shaker cards - this is SO cute with the sweet manatees swimming with their shells in hand!

Ina G said...

Wow Kristin you have made the cutest card here with those 'tiny shells' the manatees are clinging to and they have the cutest smile. Beautifully coloured and the amazing backgrounds so perfect. Sequins finished this one off in spectacular style.

Lisa Kind said...

I didn't think I was going to be able to participate either because I didn't have anything shell related until I happened upon a stencil in the dollar store! Your card is adorable! I love the manatees and their cute shells. Great sentiment too!