Saturday, July 22, 2023

Hot, hot, HOT!

 Hi all!

It's my final week with the lovely ladies at the Just Us Girls challenge as their July Guest Designer.    All of the ladies have been incredibly supportive and sweet.  Their challenges are fantastic, different every week, and give the opportunity to stretch my imagination.  I am sad it's over because I've loved every minute of it!

 


This week we are challenged to make a CAS card with three of something...see what I mean about amazing challenges?!?  I could have used a normal image or even a word to repeat 3 times.  Instead...I thought outside the box!


Have you ever seen this set from Altenew called Wonderful Wycinanki? Wycinanki is a Polish art form generally used in embroidery, paper cut outs and even in home decoration.  Since I'm a sucker for bold colors and graphic images...and that my grandfather was Polish....I had to get this set many years ago.  When I saw the images from the set, the leaf shapes inspired me to make it into something else....


Am I right???  It's perfect for a stylized flame!  This was really easy to do, just a few presses from my Misti with the graduating leaf stamp and colors, I had my flame.  I added some red Stickles to the flame to make it eye catching.


Part of the sentiment is from the set, and the rest I die cut using Altenew's Tall Alpha die set from glitter paper.  I added the color to the paper with my blending brushes and a little bit of red Stickles to make it really pop and match the flame!  I also layered it onto 3 layers of black paper to give the letters some lift and a subtle outline.


Thank you for joining us this week at JUGS.  Make sure you play along with us and give some love to those hard working ladies...They're fabulous!!

Stay colorful!

13 comments:

Carol said...

Fun, bold-colored card Kristin! Your creative us of the leaf design was a success! It has been so nice having you with us this month too! Hope you will keep playing with us!

ElizStewart said...

Kristin... so loving your creativity!!! Great card. Thank you so much for guesting at Just Us Girls.

Lisa Kind said...

This card is hot! I love your use of that set. I’m Polish too and have this set. Not sure I’ve ever used it! Great card!

I Card Everyone said...

Kristen, you have been a great GD for Just us Girls, and you're ending your month on a very hot note!
Such a fun card!
=]

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great out-of-the-box use of the leaf images for flames! Love the multi colored hot too 😊

Nancy said...

Such a creative way to use the challenge, Kristin! You have been a wonderful guest! All your cards have been wonderful as is this one too! Take care!

Bobby said...

It's not over yet, Kristin. We have on more Saturday in July. I love how you thought outside the box and came up with card. All the details like stickles and black layering of the sentiment really take your card to a higher level.

Johanna said...

I have to say that I think this is a brilliant design and a good use of your stamp set. Outside the box thinking has brought about a stunning card. WOW!

Lisa Elton said...

Wowee are those flames ever fabulous! This is a marvelous CAS card, Kristen. It's been a pleasure having you as our guest this month! Hope to see you in the gallery!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love those creative flames, great thinking out of the box! That die cut sentiment looks fabulous, too. I love it when you can find other uses to make a totally different image than what was intended with the stamp set.

Ina G said...

I love love love your three-fer Kristin and how you went way out of the box to create this HOT card. Love the bold colours and the red stickles are brilliant. Looking forward to seeing your last card as our July Guest. It's sure to be fabulous!

cm said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cm said...

Kristin, your stylized flames are definitely HOT! Talk about a fabulous take on 'three of something'. You've been an inspiring guest designer this month; thank you so much!
~carol