Monday, July 3, 2023

Scrapbooking Smiles

 Hi all!

A super quick post...

I'm not much of a scrapbooker.  I make junk journals occasionally that are...sassy...(here, here and here are a few)  However, I haven't really done scrapbooking since the girls were little.  When I was invited to be a guest designer for Altenew's July release and saw the amazing Boat Ride ensemble (live on July 5th...save the link), I thought they would be great for a layout!  It helps also that we just got a boat.  

 

I think this ensemble is perfect if you love boating, and the Pond Flowers die set is incredibly versatile outside of  the water sport layouts.  The sentiments with the Boat Adventures stamp and die combinations are great for layouts as well as cards.  With the addition of the Dotted Waves die and stencil, its an amazing combination!  

I also used to be a preschool art teacher for 6 years, and still develop their yearly curriculum.  So when I saw the Lasting Memories layout challenge, based on her son's experience with learning the rainbow colors, I knew I had to participate!

This little Gerber baby is our Goddaughter.  She is the cutest, sweetest little thing I've ever experienced!  Just as sweet as can be!  The boat from the Wooden Boat die set is adorable and I love the colors of the boat can be easily changed...here are more examples... I used the colors from the Deco Garden Fresh Dye Ink collection (also to be released July 5th) for the boat and for the 'smile' part of the title.  The letter dies I used were Bold Alphabet and Tall Alphabet dies sets also from Altenew...those are always available on their site.

Here is a close-up of the boat and title coloring, as well as those adorable flowers from the Pond Flower die set.  

I love how it came out...I may have to do more!

Have a colorful day!

#altenewwoodenboat #altenewpondflowers #altenewboatadventures #altenewdecogardenfreshdyeink #altenewdottedwaves

3 comments:

Sandy Ross said...

I think you are a fabulous Scrapbooker! Your layout is amazing! Great use of the rainbow challenge! Thanks for sharing with us at Lasting Memories Layout Challenges!!!

Cheryl Even said...

Kristin, what a gorgeous layout! Love the cute boats and the big smile on your granddaughter, and the colorful palette you used is perfect for the Lasting Memories Rainbow of Colors challenge. Hope you decide to create more scrapbook layouts, because you are really good at them! Thanks for playing along over at Lasting Memories.

Jill Rugg said...

You definitely need to do more layouts because this one is incredible! Thanks so much for joining in the Lasting Memories challenge!