Monday, July 3, 2023

Altenew honors and July release preview!

 Hi all!

Warning...this is a LONG and exciting post!

I have VERY exciting news to share...I have been asked to be a Guest Designer for Altenew's July releases!  I'm absolutely humbled and honored to have been asked to participate in this.  I've had to keep it quiet working on this release since the end April.  NOW I'm ready to share all that I've been up to!  For the next 3 days I'll be posting some of my favorite projects with information on how to get them.  BUT FIRST...




If you LOVE Altenew like I do and don't want miss out on anything from this release, you can pre-order it in it's entirety HERE.  Get on it, because many of the items will be going FAST!

 

Today I'm going to talk about the die sets I really love and I've showcased one with the fabulous coordinating stamp set last week for a challenge.  They are called Wooden BoatBoat Adventures, and Pond Flowers (all sold together  Boat Ride Ensemble or separately), as well as Dotted Waves cover die and stencil. Those links won't work until the 5th, but bookmark them if you like what you see and pick it up then!



Actually all the dies in this release are adorable!  I may just like these because we did just buy a boat last month?  Perhaps, but I do love the sentiments in the Boat Adventures bundle as well, CARPE DIEM was our senior year moto in 1990...yes I'm old...and it brings back fond memories for me.


What I love about the Wooden Boat dies, is that you don't have to make a plain brown or grey boat...I LOVE the colorful boats from Thailand, the Mediterranean islands and Caribbean!  That's what inspired this card and the matching gift tag. 



Changing the colors of all the pieces of the boat is so fun!  A great tip with this set...you see those shadows?  They are a separate die cut piece.  If you don't have graduated paper colors, cut them from the same color as your interior boat piece and color them with a grey alcohol marker...that's how I did it! The fantastic Dotted Waves cover die with matching stencil work amazingly with these water themed pieces, but they can be used for SO MUCH MORE!  I have used the die for backgrounds on most of the cards I made for this release it has a great texture!


  

I think Pond Flowers is the most versatile die set of the bunch!  It has great flowers you can assemble in many different configurations to make endless options and 3 adorable foliage  dies.  The pond and it's outline die can be used for other things as well which I love.


 

 

I was even able to use the foliage dies to emboss the background of the mint card, so, so great!

What do you think?  Pretty fantastic eh?  If you think these are awesome, wait until tomorrow when I'll showcase the Simply Beautiful Ensemble with sentiment foil dies, new fresh die inks and gorgeous floral stamp set!

I hope you have a colorful day and I'll see you tomorrow!

#altenewboatadventures #altenewdottedwaves #altenewpondflowers #altenewwoodenboat #altenewllc #altenew

1 comment:

I Card Everyone said...

Kristin, I have a few favorites - but I can't even tell you how much I love that boat! Your little pile of them on the carpe diem card is SO fantastic!
I never did get into scrapbooking but have to say if I had such a darling goddaughter that might change!
=]