Thursday, August 3, 2023

Managing life and JUGS

 Hi all,

Its hard managing life isn't it?  I have had a hard time keeping up with my crafting managing 2 homes while my mom recovers from her fall, getting one daughter ready to leave for college again and the other to start her first year of high school.  Leaves little time for crafting!

I did however help decorate a friends, daughter's baby shower and it happened to go along with this weeks challenge at JUGS, CASE a Team Member.  Strawberries made by Carol was a perfect match for the shower theme!  Since I was the July guest designer, I had to play along to finish out the month!

  

It's not the first time decorating with a balloon arch for me, the first time took me over 6 hours to make...I had no idea what I was doing...now I've got it down to 2.5 hrs with an assistant...thanks to my BFF Cristy!  I decided to make the tags for her gifts and card to coordinate with the theme of the party, and it gave me the opportunity to use up some old strawberry embellies I picked up in Copenhagen over 10 years ago!!!  I really have a problem of holding onto things.....


This card uses an OLD Papertrey Ink set along with a new set they have Elegant Notes Stationary Kit.  I wasn't able to invest the time into really playing with all the pieces and parts, but I'm eager to do so soon!



They have a dog named Coco they love like a child, so I made sure to get her a little something too...

I hadn't filled out this tag before I took this photo...I added a cute little wax seal, which is my new obsession!  Love those little things!


I always give a piggie bank at a baby shower, this one matches their dog and the room for the little princess!  And if you like this sort of thing, below is the arch I made for them...

 

Who knew they were so labor intensive to make?  Either way, I love how it came out.

Have a colorful day, I hope to be able to post again soon...



2 comments:

Carol said...

This is all so pretty Kristin! The tags, the card, the balloon arch! I would love to know how you make the arch. I love how you made strawberry balloons! The details on your tags and card are each so pretty and sweet. What a nice shower that will be! Thanks for being a great guest this month! Thanks for CASEing my card too!

I Card Everyone said...

A really lovely card - and WOW to your balloon arch! What a darling way to bring that strawberry theme home in a big way!
=]