Sunday, April 30, 2023

Better late than never...

Wow has it been a crazy week!  I am consulting at my old job, helping my 'protégé'  with implementing the year end art show at school.  With nearly 2,000 projects, it can get very overwhelming for your first time.  Thankfully, things were organized and we are almost ready for our Thursday show.



Since I've been distracted, I haven't been in my studio for my own crafting all week, but knew I HAD to make another card for the Altenew April Inspiration Challenge hosted by Joy D'souza.  I wasn't really happy with my other one, so I've had it in my head on what I'd do for another one.  Also, since I'm trying to get back into my blog-o-sphere and creating, I'm entering this into the Paper Players Challenge #638, using sparkle, die cuts and embossing


Please excuse the photography...its 10:30 pm and I don't have the best lighting...  

I am using my Craft Your Life Engraved Motifs kit for this time around.  I am LOVING this set...it reminds me of patterns by Dorthy Draper and Carleton Varney at the Greenbrier.  It has so many possibilities for color combinations or making monochromatic patterns with depth.


I used Altenew's Green Valley inks for the green flowers on SU! Garden Green paper as well as Velvet, Crimson and Heart Beat for the red flowers.  Everything was colored using the stencil.  The main flower I embossed BEFORE I stamped the outline image...so the image isn't a clean as I would like.

I stamped a sentiment from the stamp set with coordinating die as well as adding Mountain Pine and gold metallic splatters.  Finally I added some rhinestones in matching green.  TIP-use your alcohol inks to color your clear rhinestones to match your creations!

I hope you have a colorful week!!



2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Kristen, great card. I love the bright bold images. Thanks for taking part in The Paper Players challenge this week. Suzy

Anne Marie Hile said...

Wow, Kristin! This is so pretty! Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!