Monday, April 24, 2023

Don't judge a book...

 Hello all!

Have you ever signed up for a monthly subscription?  I recently signed up for the Altenew Craft Your Life Monthly Kit.   I received my first package, and was immediately skeptical over the March set, the Engraved Motifs set.  I LOVE Altenew images, but when I opened this one...I wasn't impressed.  BOY WAS I WRONG!!!

The image and sample wasn't my normal style, but as I worked on this project, I became OBSESSED with it! It reminds me of my favorite place, The Greenbriar.  Fabulous prints with gorgeous colors.  Visit if you can....  Any hoo...The kits come with a stamp set, stencil set, embossing folder and dies to match. I only used the folder, stencils and die for this card and am excited to try out all the pieces and parts to set!  You will be seeing a lot more of this set...

Inspired by this weeks Color Hue Challenge #62, Purple and Green; I used Altenew's Enchanted Garden and as well as their Tropical Forest ink sets for the flowers and the leaves.  I found these glass iridescent crystals in my embellie drawer and thought I'd try them...eh...they're ok.  Only had 2 smaller sizes in the bag, which I didn't realize until I started attaching.  I like more variety in my sizes.


Hope you all have a colorful day!

4 comments:

Nancy said...

This is gorgeous, Kristin! Isn't it funny that when you see something you are not sure you are going to like it until you play with it! That happens to me with just regular stamps. I love every inch of this down to the sentiment. Thanks for making our colors shine at Color Hues. Hope you are feeling well too!

Karen said...

This is absolutely beautiful! I've yet to indulge on embossing & stencil sets, but this is going right on my wish list! The coloring is gorgeous and your design is wonderful! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Stef Perry said...

I totally understand about your initial hesitancy, I've felt the same about some of their kits, but then I end up loving them. What you created with this one is stunning Kristin - a fabulous design with all those element! I especially like the look of the stenciled flowers. So happy you decided to join us at Color Hues for this challenge!

Cindy Beach said...

Hi Kristen, I really enjoyed reading your post and seeing this pretty kit in action. The way the images and EF complement each other is fabulous! Your card is stunning. Thanks for playing along at Color Hues!