Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Trying something new...



Good morning peeps!
I'm trying something new here.   A bit more 'grunge'....if that's the word for it....  I don't have ANY father's day stamps or any masculine stamps.  I have kid athletic ball stamps, but that seemed inappropriate.

I wanted to make something for my dad for Father's Day.  He's the BEST!!  He makes us laugh....a lot!....encouraged me to ditch business law and go into art, helped me buy the car of my dreams at 19, he's a great dancer, loved and encouraged me through my divorce and celebrates the new life I have with my beloved.  He totally rocks!....he's cute too eh?....  This is even a little outside his comfort zone in style, but I know he'll appreciate that its created by his little girl....even though I'm 47....

 
Inspired by the color challenge at TGIF Challenges I set to work.  I'm also adding this to the Cards for Guyz challenge for Father's Day, they are having a DT call there, check out if its for you! I stared with some watercolor paper, dropped some water on it and then added a drop of Night of Navy ink.  I let the dye run around naturally and dried it with my heat gun.  I did it again and added a bit more ink this time.  I then added a spray of green shimmer mist....or 2 or 3, it kind of got away from me.... then I added the houndstooth stamp in the soft teal color....I don't have the Pool Party color so I used Baha Breeze....  I obviously didn't want to use flowers, so I pulled out the PTI Spruce and Stems set for the focus.  Added the sentiment and that's it!
 



It's not my normal style, but I can appreciate it.

1 comment:

Sian said...

A great card. I love your background! Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Sian (DT).