Friday, June 14, 2019

Taxi



Hi y'all!

Super quick on here for you today.  I was inspired by this weeks Just Add Ink photo challenge....yellow and grey are one of my favorite combos!....and thought I'd pull back out the MFT stamp set London Mouse for the taxi cab and use the color story.

Inspired by the Shopping our Stash challenge, I also tried out a new technique for me, stenciling with texture paste.  I know it's been around a LONG time  and I've had the supplies around for EVER, so thought I should finally give it a try.  It's a lot like gesso for acrylic painting, at least the clear stuff is. The white was thick like cream cheese.

I really like how the background came out, but should have used Bristol paper.....lesson learned....  I used yellow watercolor paint and put a few layers of it on.  I then sprayed and splattered my metallic grey glimmer mist to give it that grungy inner city vibe.   I have to say, I love the possibilities with this stuff!  I think I'll be making some mixed media papers to play with...


3 comments:

lauren bergold said...

oh my gosh, what a fantastic card! every single element is just soooooo exactly RIGHT! wow! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (stencil!) STASH with us this fortnight! ♥

KimB said...

I love your bright yellow background, so much colour and texture with that stencilled texture paste Kristin! It's the perfect grungy backdrop for that oh so cute yellow cab and mini city scape. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Kim

Jan said...

So much to love about this card Kristin! Your background, with the layers of yellow and grungy metallics and then the stenciled paste has such abbig city vibe. Your building and taxi are so very cool and I also love the shapes of your other elements - the arrow and road like banner with the "wheel" dot are so perfect for your theme. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.