Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Get Zennias

Or Dahlias perhaps...  I think this flower I made looks more like a zennia than a dahlia.  Ever since I started making these paper flowers, I've been iching to try making it in red to look like this.

My creation came out more orange than red, but I still like it.  I started off with 4 large flower layers of Real Red, 3 large flower layers of Pumpkin Pie (water colored red) and 2 small flowers for a Pumpkin Pie center.  Next time I'll do a Summer Sun center with the tips yellow and the inside orange, only 1 large Pumpin Pie flower and the rest red.  If you're totally confused...don't worry, I will try to find the blog where thye directions were and post it here.

The layout is based on this weeks Sketch Challenge #62 at Card Patterns, if you haven't checked them out, they are a great inspiration!



Get Well Zennia
Card stock: SU! Real Red, Basic Black and Pumpkin Pie; 110 white
Inks:  SU! Real Red, Craft White and Versamark
Stamp Set: PT Delightful Dahlia, SU! Sincere Salutations
Accessories:  Martha Stewart double scallop punch, orange grosgrain ribbon, aqua painter, gold beads, QuickCuts cookie cutters scallop circle

4 comments:

lizzaveta said...

So elegant card!
I love your color combo)
Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns)

whoistracy said...

This is fantastic! I just adore your handmade flower!!!

dstandard said...

Fabulous card and gorgeous flower! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!

Ruby said...

Ooh LOVELY card! I love the colours you've used and that border looks fab!