Thursday, May 20, 2010

Samples

Only 2 days to the big fundraiser!  We now have 28 ladies coming which is short of our goal, but better than 8 - which we had on the May 9th.  So I've been busy getting things ready for this and created some samples that of course fit into some of the challenges I participate in!  Here is the first one. 

I had applied for a space on the Just Us Girls DT at the beginning of the month, but didn't make it.  They did however send a very nice e-mail letting me know I wasn't picked.  A very gracious bunch of girls.  This is for their JUGS #33 Color challenge: red, white, blue, and kraft.  I got this craft colored damask paper and have been dying to use it!  The flower is made from phone book paper (a Paper Craft Connection idea).  The sketch for this one is from Get Sketchy #38.

Since my time is limited until Sunday, I'm not going to list the deet's today.

4 comments:

Sam said...

Beautiful card Kristin and love that patterned paper. Also love your ribbon treatment.

Lisa Kind said...

This is gorgeous! I love the flower (from a phone book, really?) and the fantastic ribbon treatment! So sorry you didn't make our DT call, but there's always the possibility of Guest Spots, so keep participating! Thanks so much for playing our color challenge and for you interest in Just Us Girls! :-)

Mona Pendleton said...

Fabulous card Kristin! That ribbon treatment is gorgeous & I love the multi-layered flower embellishment! Great way to use this week's colors - Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls :)

Dana Gustafson said...

Oh my oodles of ribbon ruffles! How cool is your ribbon treatment?? LOVE this plus the shabby flower and damask on craft DP. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Just Us Girls and also for trying out for our DT spot and for your sweet shout out in your post. :)