Wednesday, May 12, 2010

It's almost over!!

My fundraiser for the American Cancer Society is next weekend - so life will get back to normal after Saturday.  I have neglected you...I'm sorry...are you out there...you are, you show me your love!  I have lots of projects to make for the event this week, so I'll be posting them for you to see. 

For now, I'm going to share this fun project I made for the Just Us Girls DT call!  I love that every week, their challenges change, it's always fresh and challenges me to think outside the box - which is when I'm at my best creatively.  They are asking for a card and a 3D item to sample our work.  I hope they like it!

Spooky
I love those white pumpkins with black painted shapes that were so popular last year.  The background was inspired by that.  I used antique book paper, stamped and embossed it with SU! Black Craft and Black embossing powder - then I burned it!!!  Remeber doing that as a kid?  No?  Perhaps I'm a pyro...  Again, I used burlap - my new fav...and red velvet, it's not just for Christmas ya' know!  I love the little bats, I added red rhinestone eyes to them, aren't they cute? 


Spooky Tree
This is a centerpiece item.  I made the tree by making a trunk template and copied onto 3 pieces of Basic Black paper.  I hand drew and cut out the branches on each different, so that they look more 'real'.  I then embossed each layer on both sides black embossing powder with Houndstooth, Print Pattern and Lithograph background stamps.  I sewed the three trees together up the center, and folded them to make them stand.  The box has a window sheet on the top, that I colored with permanent markers in yellow, red and orange.  Under that is a tap light (from the dollar store) that shines up into the branches.  I embossed the outside with the Print Pattern and Houndstooth, embellished with the burlap and stamped and embossed 'spooky' on it.  The 'town is cut from my Cricut, using the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge. 

3 comments:

~Michelle said...

What a great tree!! That is just awesome!! Thanks so much for sharing!

AKiteFlier said...

Well this is totally unique - what a great centerpiece for the Halloween holidays. Fun (or should I say scary) card as well. Thanks for your interest in JUGS :-)

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a fun & spooky Halloween set! The red eyed bats look frightful! Thanks so much for entering the JUGS DT call - Good Luck!