Saturday, November 2, 2019

JUGS Easy Watercolor

The weather is changing, tomorrow the time changes, my daughters are getting older....which means I'm getting older!....  Change is everywhere!

I'm beyond HONORED to have been asked to be the guest designer for the Just Us Girls Challenge Blog this month!  How much fun is that?!?  I love that they switch up their challenges every week, keeps me on my toes and those brain cells firing.  These ladies have fabulous creations for us each week, please be sure to visit each and everyone of them and give them some love and thanks for inspiring us each week!  For this week, the theme is 'Thanks'.  The timing was perfect, as I had an order for some thank you and sympathy cards for a family member this week.
 
They needed it for the business, so I kept the design simple and without any embellishments....UGH, that was hard!.....  Sticking with my SIC this week, I decided to do some watercoloring.


I think I may be addicted to watercoloring now.  The flowers are coming along nicely, but I love using them for specialty papers.  I created a piece of paper using Altenew's 36 Pan Watercolors.  I chose Mountain Mist, Volcano Lake and Lagoon for this as teal is the color of their business logo.  When the paper was dry, the open leaf images from Altenew's Leaf Canopy was stamped with Emerald ink and die cut.  It gives a nice variegated image for interest while keeping the design simple.

The background was die cut from the Layered Snowflakes Cover die from Vellum paper.  It adds a texture element without making it fussy....aka, not business like.....  Using spray adhesive, it was mounted onto a piece of white card stock and run through my die cutter so it would adhere well.

That's it!  Thanks so much for joining me on my journey this month with JUGS!  I'm really excited and honored to be a part of what they are doing!


6 comments:

Ina G said...

Wow what a way to start off as our Guest this month Kristin. This is beautiful in it's simplicity. Gorgeous colours (for the business) and lovely stamp. Nice touch with the textured background. Looking forward to seeing more of your talent with us at JUGS this month.

Lisa Kind said...

This is lovely Kristin. I love your watercoloring and the background die cut from vellum is so pretty. I never thought to do that! Welcome to JUGs for this month. So happy to have you join us!

Macimbalo said...

So gorgeous! It's wonderful to have you guesting with us this month! I love your take on the challenge, and you used such beautiful color!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great use of multiple products! Embossing - coverplate - vellum. Yep, it all works together beautifully

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is beautiful and what a great start as our Guest Designer for November! Those leaves are so pretty stamped on the watercolored paper and die cut. I love this design! So glad you could join us this month and looking forward to you sharing you creations with us.

Bobby said...

The cover die in vellum was a great idea to add texture without overpowering the lovely teal leaves Kristin. It’s nice to have you designing with us this month.