Friday, November 8, 2019

JUGS #513 Guest Designer

Welcome!  I'm so excited you're here...  I'm very honored to have been chosen to be the November guest designer for the Just Us Girls Challenge.  It's been fun so far, and this weeks theme was extra fun!


It's always fun to create outside of your comfort zone.  This was an idea I've had in my head for a while now.  I'm glad I had an excuse to get it out.


I started with an embroidery hoop, which has been all the rage lately in decor.  The greenery was created using Altenew's Leaf Clusters stamp and die set.  Stamping it on SU! paper using Evergreen and Forest Glades inks, the leaves were layered on each other around the lower half of the hoop.

The flowers were created using the Virgina Rose 3D die set.  My daughter and I love to create mixed media papers, and she created the paper used for the second layer of the flowers.  The papers and layers were mixed up together, so the flowers match without being exactly the same.  The leaves from the set were added in a darker olive color to add some depth to the leaves.

I decided to hang this in my studio over the coffee station so I can see it every day.

Have a colorful day!

6 comments:

Nancy said...

WOW!! This is sooooooo pretty! I would want to look at it every day too! So creative Kristin!!! Also jealous of your coffee station in your studio.

cm said...

OHMYSTARS! Your wreath is absolutely gorgeous! Love the hoop, the flowers, the palette: EVERYTHING! I agree with Nancy: I'd want to gaze at this every day, too! Another fabulous inspiration!
~carol

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Your use of the embroidery hoop to make this gorgeous wreath is amazing! Such a beautiful arrangement of the greenery and flowers! You have definitely rocked this challenge!

Bobby said...

I love those layered dies and they made a perfect wreath for this challenge Kristin.

Ina G said...

Gorgeous hoop Kristin. Love the simple colourful layout. Just enough pretties there. Lovely little spot you picked just near the coffee machine and plenty of cups for crafty friends to join in.

Vicki Dutcher said...

This is just lovely! It adds a pretty pop to your coffee station quite well!