Saturday, November 23, 2019

JUGS Challenge #515



Good morning!  Grab a cup o' joe and get some inspiration today!

I am once again guest designing for the Just Us Girls Challenge blog today.  This week we are using a lovely winter scene as our inspiration for creating!
Makes me want to build a snowman....

Seeing as I don't have any snowman stamp sets, I decided to use my Altenew Wanderlust stamp set to make this card.  I love the graphic image of this set, it's not a style I normally gravitate toward, but while doing the AECP program, I have been going outside my normal comfort zone....which is a good thing....

Using the MISTI, the back ground was stamped repeatedly in an ombre style using the ROck Collection die inks from Altenew.  The MISTI is WONDERFUL and I highly recommend picking one up if you don't have one.  Its super handy.

The sentiment was created using'Merry' from the Holiday Script Dies from Altenew die cut from black paper.  The 'Christmas' is part of an old set of ornaments from all places, Walmart!  They are great to add every once and a while to my creations.  The tress were then highlighted with Stickles glitter glue in Star Dust for some extra shimmer.

Hope you are inspired!  See you over at JUGS!

5 comments:

cm said...

Such a gorgeous translation of the inspiration photo! Your glittery Christmas is lovely; a great 'keeper' in your collection! Once again, an inspired, inspiring card!
~carol

Maria said...

Very cool take on the photo! Love all the elements you used. Awesome job.

Ina G said...

Fabulous card Kristin. Cool background and your blingy Christmas is a stand out.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is fabulous! Your background is awesome and I love how you used the graduated colors on those trees. Beautiful creation!

Bobby said...

The ombre' trees look great, Kristin, and I love how you 'decorated' a few of them. That Christmas sentiment is spectacular.