Saturday, November 16, 2019

Guest Designer JUGS #514

Good morning!  Boy has life been CRAZY this week!  I have been creating the holiday decorations for our Country Club as well as for my house.  My garage and art studio are covered with pine, bulbs and poinsettias!  I'll post photos of it all installed soon....

I did squeeze in a little time to create this weeks JUGS Guest Designer creation for this weeks theme, Shades of Teal.  Teal is one of my all time favorite colors so this was right up my alley!

I started by heat embossing using Altenew's Hexagon Play background stamp.  It's a great stamp, and I love how it looks heat embossed!  I then took a teal watercolor paint with a large paint brush and painted up the paper adding more water as I progressed so it would create an ombre effect.  I then set the paper aside to dry.

I like how the paint puddled in the heat embossed areas.  I then used the Fine Frames Circle die to cut out white and black circles and fit them inside each other in a random pattern.

Finally, I added the sentiment with an offset piece of black paper and some black sequins to add some sparkle!  Be sure to visit all the designers sites to spread some love to them and all the hard work they do each and every week for us!

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a colorful day!

6 comments:

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is absolutely stunning! I love how you watercolored the embossed background giving this so much variation in the color. Beautiful design with the circles and layered strip for the sentiment.

Nancy said...

This is so fabulous Kristin! My mouth gaped open when I saw it! Love the mix of patterns and the pop of black! You are very talented and it sounds like extremely busy! Please share all your creations.

cm said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the depths/highlights of colour you've achieved; perfect shades of teal!
~carol

Bobby said...

The range and depth of color you achieved is spectacular, Kristin. Gorgeous card!

Ina G said...

Wow Kristin you certainly rocked this challenge with this beautiful ombre card. I thought that stunning background was heat embossed till I read it was a stamp. A really stunning card.

Vicki Dutcher said...

I love this card! The depth of color with the painting in amazing! Well done :)