Saturday, July 9, 2011

White Party!

It's another challenge week at Our Creative Corner and I get to be your hostess!  I love to create challenges, and really LOVE this one!  It's going to be a tuffy, but you'll love the results I guarantee it....I'm sounding like a commercial here... 

Now, my favorite summer events are garden parties, you know the ones when everyone wears white? That's my inspiration for this week's challenge, we're having a White party! I don't know about you, but I LOVE white! The challenge is for you to ONLY use white in you creation. Think it will look flat? Enhance the color with textures and patterns. Check out these photos for inspiration...

If you're having trouble figuring this out, do what I did.  Gather up all your favorite items in white, and put them in a pile. 

Once you see them all together, pull out the things that definitely DON'T work, then you're left with items to work into your project. 

 Put in a bit of your creative genius, and voila'!  A fantastic all white creation! 

Now head on over the the OCC and see what the other members of our talented design team did...you won't be sorry you did...

10 comments:

Marlou McAlees said...

I love your beautiful card :)

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Your creation is absolutely stunning, Kristin! I really love everything about it - especially the frame and the wonderful embossed vellum! Your lace is beautiful too. What a sensational challenge you created for us this week!

Rene said...

Magnificent! I just love what you did with the whites!
Thanks for the love left on my blog! :)
Rene

Cassie_lu said...

this is so beautiful. love all of the texture on it

Sarah Gough said...

Beautiful Kristin, love love love that lace!

t_bar_star said...

I love it! White week will definately be a challenge.. But ready, steady, let's go! What a beautiful card and thanks for the handy tip. Theresa x

Nancy Jensen said...

FABULOUS card and challenge! White on white with lace and ribbon is so elegant... and you captured that in your card. I've been a follower of yours for awhile now - I love your style!

Also, thank you for your sweet comments on my dt challenge post. It made my day to read it. ((hugs))

Nancy Jensen said...

ps: I was gone for the weekend but was having a lot of blogger problems right before I left so no worries about not leaving your comments earlier. ;)

Sharon Wheet said...

Kristin, I just LOVE your card! The postage frame is just perfect! and I love the added softness with the lace at the bottom. The push pins add a little feminine touch, too. I have to say that white on white was a challenge for me. ANd, I absolutely love your work!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Kristin, thanks for hosting such a fun challenge! Your card is absolutely STUNNING! It's definitely a work of art. Hope you have a wonderful week!