Saturday, July 16, 2011

Copenhagen Inspiration

Happy Saturday ladies!
First, I have to thank everyone for all the sweet comments you made on your blogs for last week's Our Creative Corner challenge I created!  I think many of you were a little weary to try it, but the ladies that joined the party....WOW!  Every single one was beautiful and you all seemed to really love the challenge.  I'm still going thru and commenting on everyone's creation and will post the winner on Wednesday at the OCC.

I am again the hostess this week at Our Creative Corner and this week I have a challenge for you that's close to my heart!  Copenhagen.  My dear BFF lives over there and I have had several opportunities to visit her there.  The city is old, charming and inspiring, hence, how I came up with this challenge.  Your job this week is to make a creation based on one of the photos below but the catch is, you CAN'T use any pre-printed papers. Make sure you let us know which photo inspired your creation and get creative.  Now, break out those stamps, embossing folders and fabrics, I can't wait to see all you come up with!  Wanna see my creation?

Since I've done the whole 'tourist' thing there before, I spent more time experiencing the life of a resident of this luscious city.  Most residents walk, bike or use public transportation...mostly because a tank of gas is about $150...OUCH.... so Anne and I took a long walk throughout the city.  It was a nice day, we spent it chit-chatting about life, had dinner at a FABULOUS gallery/restaurant and put about 7 miles in.  It was overcast and a tad chilly, but that's summer in Copenhagen!  These are just a few of the photos I took on that walk.  My favorite part of the jaunt was the harbor and our stroll along the water, so I used that photo for my inspiration. 

This is my interpretation of a CAS card.  I couldn't stop adding clouds, or waves for that matter...I tend to overwork things....  It's cute, I LOVE the American Craft felt embellies.  I hope we were able to inspire you to join us for this weeks challenge.  I look forward to seeing you there!

5 comments:

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Another awesome challenge, Kristin. I LOVE those inspiration photos! Your card is so cute with it's felt images and I love the way you created the waves. Terrific CAS card for this challenge.

Have a great weekend.

Hugs,
Linda

Lori Rider said...

Kristin, this is a wonderful card - I love the texture of the felt, your stamped effects, and the way you did the sentiment on the clouds - super cute! Your inspiration photos were great - thanks for a fun two weeks of challenges!

Wendy J. said...

Thanks for the fun challenge Kristin! This is a fun card! I love the texture and dimension. The sun is really great and I love the stamping on the clouds!

Vicki Burdick said...

so adorable Kristin!! Love the felt boat and sun!!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Fun challenge, Kristin! I love your photos from Copenhagen, and the way you incorporated the colors and boat into your cute card. Great!