Saturday, July 23, 2011

Bee the B's

Howdy do!  Are you staying cool in this heat wave?....110 heat index today.....  Good reason to stay inside and be crafty and join us at Our Creative Corner for our challenge this week.  Sarah Gough is our hostess this week, and the theme is All the B's.  You need to use her 4 B's: Black, Bling, Buttons and Bows.  It's not as hard as you'd think.  Check out all the DT's creations here for inspiration.

I decided to add to the B theme....a bit literally....with Botanical but use it in an unexpected way.  Instead of making it vintagy or shabby....the natural style for a botanical creation....I tried my hand at a CAS type creation, keeping it simple with limited embellishments....it goes against my natural instincts....  I was inspired by Cath at Moxie Fab ....to add this final B....with her current challenge, Fanatical about Botanical

I kept it fairly simple and like it that way....surprise....  The bee image is from an embellie package from Pink Paislee.  It looked like a flashcard for a 1st grader.  I cut out the image and added a little bit of black Stickles...though it's hard to tell....for some bling shimmer on the bee and along the black edges of the image.  Enough to add some shimmer, but still keeping it simple.  Now it's your turn, beat the heat and join me for both challenges!

10 comments:

Toni K said...

This is awesome :) Great CAS card! It's against my instincts too ;)

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

So cute and clever to use the bee! The kraft works so well with the black. Terrific take on this week's challenge.

Hope you are having a great weekend - stay cool!

Hugs,
Linda

Toots said...

Beautiful cards! For the Bee card, did you use an embossing folder for the card? If so, can you provide the brand? Much appreciated!

Vicki Burdick said...

Super cute, love that bee!!!

Sarah Gough said...

yellow and black was popular this week! Love that bee!

Wendy J. said...

I do love this CAS card! The prints and patterns create the interest while it's still a simple layout! Love it, Kristin!

Linda Beeson said...

I love your little bee!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Simply stunning, Kristin! Love the woodgrain and the Stickles on the bee! Such a great card! :)

Sharon Wheet said...

I LOVE the bee! How clever, and I really like your CAS card! I think that you did a fabulous job! and it's nice to see something other than vintage. Thanks for the inspiration!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Kristin! Thanks for linking this up to the Fanatical About Botanical challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)