Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Red Bird Blues


It's so much fun to create! I did today's SCS Color Challenge which was Blue Bayou, Soft Sky and Real Red. Strange combo but looks great together! I also used an oldie but a goodie layout from SCS, SC97.

I only used one SU! stamp, So Swirly on the soft sky main background (oops!). The second panel was made by wetting a piece of Whisper White paper, then using the direct to paper technique, rubbing Soft Sky all over it. Before it dried, I sprayed rubbing alcohol on it. It didn't give the effect I wanted (it's better on H2O paper) so I stamped over it with a stamp set from Autumn Leaves (I don't know what its called) with Soft Sky, then embossed with white over it, then stamped with Blue Bayou over it. Time consuming, but I like it! The bird stamp I got from Michaels in the $1 bin a while back. I used my Aqua painter to fill in the bird with Real Red, finished off the card with red polka-dot ribbon and red snaps. So like I said earlier, the only thing that is SU is the paper and the 1 stamp.

No comments: