Wednesday, June 25, 2008

So sad...

My girlfriend's dog was hit by a car on Sunday. She was having a party and had to call all her guests that morning to cancel...eeek, the last thing you want to do in that situation. I made her this card to send her and let her know I'm thinking about her.


SC#181

I used the card sketch from the SCS weekly challenge. My dimensions are a bit off, but the essence is there. I used 'Embrace Life' stamp set, inked with Always Artichoke, then colored it in with Mellow Moss and So Saffron markers and Blender pens. I lost my Cutter Kit in the re-organization of my space, so I had to resort to the old way of distressing, my nails, around the edge of the stamped image. I also used sponge daubers to ink the edges with So Saffron and Always Artichoke inks. The lower panel is So Saffron DP, also distressed and inks. They are layered on Mellow Moss, So Saffron and Always Artichoke on a Mellow Moss card base. I stamped the leaves along the base of the Mellow Moss backgound for some added interest. For embellishments, I used Moss grosgrain ribbon, layered it with help twine and a Very Vanilla button.

No comments: