Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Be Inspired!!

Since I have been without a stampin space for so ling, I have spent part of the day making cards from past challenges! I'll post each one based on the challenge and explain them so they are easy to find, so I hope that helps.

The first challenge catagory is the 'Be Inspired Challenge' by Beate Johns. If you are an avid stamper, you know who she is, but if you're not, check out her blog. She is AMAZING and creates beautiful works of art! She is taking the summer off, but has so much information on her site it will keep you busy until she returns!

BIC #16
Check out the inspiration sample by clicking here. I LOVED the color of the walls in the inspiration photo! I'll be painting a room in my house that color soon. The card base is 4.25" x 4.25" on Whisper White. I Cuttlebugged the front of the card so simulate the pattern of the wall on the right without adding more color. The square blocks are stamped with 'Embrace Life' on Soft Sky with SS ink, I think colored in the flowers using my uniball white gel pen. Each SS square is layered on Cool Caribean (yes I still have TONS of that paper - jealous???:) I put rhinestone brads in the colors of the flowers on the shelves to add the colors as well as layering the squares on Apricot Appeal and Regal Rose. A little loop of Celery grosgrain ribbon and I was done! It's not my favorite card, but I like it.
BIC #17
I liked this challenge (click here) because I have a black and white room in my house with green accents (or maybe it's the other way around). I did have a hard time with the matching of the blacks on the designer paper with the SU! basic Black, so I ended up using my black shimmer paper instead. It has a ton of shimmer and shine, perfect for a loyal girly girl friend. The image is from 'Garden Silhouettes' and I used white EP with versmark. The rest is just cut and paste! I found this sentiment in my scrap embellishment box so I'm not sure where it's from.
BIC # 18
This inspiration photo looks good enough to eat!!! I tried to recreate the wonderful icing details on the white panel, using 'Garden Silhouettes' again, colored with SU markers, Certainly Celery, Ruby Red, Apricot Appeal, and Bashful Blue. I layered it on Bashful Blue and Apricot Appeal card stock and used the Ticket Corner punch on the corners. The sentiment is stamped with Always Artichoke on Whisper White, layered on Ruby Red with the edges cut with a scallop scissor. The background is Groovy Guava, Cuttlebugged and layered on Apricot Appeal and again the corners are punched.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

All of these cards are great, but I especially love the third one! It's absolutely beautiful!!!

HUGS!