Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Color Challenges!

My other favorite place to get inspired is at Splitcoast Stampers. it's a great resource for anyone interested in stamping! They have daily challenges and here are a few that I got caught up on:

CC#170, WSC #52
This challenge was to use, Regal Rose, Real Red and So Saffron. I had this great paper that I just got that had all those colors, so I thought I'd use it for this challenge. The So Saffron backgound is stamped with So Saffron ink and the 'Canvas' backgound stamp. It's layered on Real Red card stock. Now here's where I stray a bit... the next layer is Regal Rose, Cuttlebugged and put on More Mustard (not part of the challenge...oops). The 3rd layer is the designer paper on, again, More Mustard. The verbage is on Very Vanilla, stamped with Close to Cocoa and again with the 'Canvas' stamp and So Saffron ink for some texture. I finished off the card with twill ribbon, flower and rhinestone from the Target $1 stop, and punched out leaf from Target as well. I also paper pierced for some extra detail. This card is also inspired by Beate John's 'Weekend Sketch Challenge' #52. I'm sending this card of in the am to my DH grandmother, she sent us a generous gift for our 6th year anniversary! Thanks Grandma T!

CC # 171

I LOVE this color combination! This challenge had us using Soft Sky, Basic Black and Kraft. LOVE IT!!!!! I had a miss hap when making this card, apparently I didn't clean my backgound stamp last time I used it, inked it with my Soft Sky and the ink pad turned green!!!! Boy was I mad!. After I regained my composure, I cleaned the stamp, and used Versamarker and clear EP to make the backgound panel on Soft Sky at the bottom (I can't remember the name of the stamp). The top panel I left plain and added the sentiment in Basic Black ink. Both panels are layered on Basic Black then on the Kraft card base. The image is from 'Garden Silhouettes' (I obviously like that set) stamped on Soft Sky with Versamark, then embossed with Winter White EP. I then sponged the bottom of the image for some depth because it looked a bit plain. It is also layered on Basic Black and Kraft. The ribbon is from the SU! Sherbet ribbon originals collection. I finished off the card with 2 Basic Black buttons tied with hemp. I really LOVE this card

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a REALLY pretty card.
I love the color combination.