Wednesday, April 24, 2024

SOC Designer Paper Challenge! - WORD POWER HONORABLE MENTION!

NEW Pinkfresh Studios Flower Market designer paper HACK!

Hi all!

Are you a collector of designer papers?  Come on...admit it.  We all do it.  They're addicting for some reason.  I used to get all KINDS of printed papers, as I love the inspiration they provide, but can NEVER seem to cut into them.  It's like it causes panic or anxiety...if they're used, then they can't be used for a different project...whatever that may be!  Tell me I'm not the only one....


This fortnight challenge at Sisterhood of Crafters is to use DESIGNER PAPER....SO today is the day to let go of that anxiety and USE THOSE PAPERS!!! .  Now, did I use some from the stash I've been collecting for over 20 years? Ummmmm, no.....  BUT I did get some new papers from Pinkfresh Studios...I had to feed my addiction and ensure I didn't run out...so I opted to use that instead.  I rarely buy new designer paper, so it was a treat to open that package with the gorgeous colors!  So here is my little hack for DSP papers....


Using Pinkfresh as an example, there 12x12 paper packs and 6x6 paper packs have the same papers in them....only difference is the size of the prints.  Generally the 6x6 size papers are geared more toward card making.  While I love the 6x6 papers, the 12x12 papers have some real benefits when it comes to card making.  The larger papers sometimes coordinate with their dies, and the sentiment pages have great sentiments, perfect for card fronts.  When purchasing DSP paper packs, be sure to look at their sentiment pages...getting the 12x12 size paper can save you the need of investing in specialty sentiment stamps.


Sticking with Pinkfresh products, I also opted to use their new Fluttering Butterflies washi tape and die set, along with the gorgeous Nested Corner Frames.  The washi tape has been a new to me product and its ease of use is so fantastic!  I do have the coordinating stamp set, so the option for custom colors is there, but it matched my paper perfectly so I didn't need to.


The frame was die cut 2 times and stacked, with a little accordion folded piece of cardstock on the sides to make the card pop when pulled out of the envelope.  Cute eh?  That's a little trick picked up from the Pinkfresh Create & Connect this spring.  The whole thing is finished off with the cute little gems from Pinkfresh as well!

I think I'll spend the day using designer papers and washi tapes to make more cards.  What about you?  Are you ready to join us for some printed fun?  Hope to see your work in the gallery!

Have a colorful day!

3 comments:

Diane said...

A gorgeous card and gorgeous papers, I am a 'collector' of beautiful papers too, in fact I think I have ALL (up until recently) the P13 and Mintay papers there are, papers remind of fabric in paper, and I LOVE fabric, so I guess that says it all!
Diane TSH DT

Darlene said...

Such a beautiful card Kristin! You know this would work perfectly for our WORD POWER challenge too ... please feel free to share it there ... here's the link: https://wordpowerchallenge.blogspot.com/

Tee said...

Beautifully designed & gorgeous card!