Thursday, April 11, 2024

NEW! Spellbinders House Mouse stamps!

NEW Spellbinders Flower Market House Mouse stamps are adorable and EASY to use!

Hi all!

I'm here with another card to share with you, it was created for my guest designer spot with Spellbinders for their April release!  This card features a stamp from the House Mouse collection.  Since the mice are so adorable, I'm entering this card in the Double D Challenge, Cute Little Animals, and the Four Seasons Spring themed challenge.


Now, I have never used one of the stamps from this collection, as I'm not very confident in my color skills.  This adorable little stamp set made me feel like I was an illustrator!  All the details are already there...you can go as simple or as detailed as you like with your coloring and still have a beautiful image.  I did choose to color my little mouse scene, and I LOVE how it turned out!


How cute are these guys?  This set is called the Flower Market.  I used a bunch of Altenew alcohol markers...I had so many out, it's not really worth listing them all here.  Using them all was more an exercise in learning how to color the image than anything else.  So for me, it was just all in fun...and it was fun...and not about documenting the process.  I did however do another stamp set using colored pencils which is another perfect medium for these stamps.... one I will share later this month.  


Would you believe this is a ONE layer card?  Well, I did put the panel on a card front, but the image and it's framed background...all one layer.  It was SO easy to do.  After I stamped and colored my image, I used a piece of plain old printer paper, traced around the outside of the image, cut out the shape, and used removable adhesive to cover the image with it.  I then used Spellbinders Buffalo Plaid BetterPress plate...also new in this release...with Altenew Fresh Dye Rose Quartz ink and my BetterPress platform and ran it through my Platinum 6 die cutter.  Voila'!  A perfectly stamped gingham frame around the image!


I will say....I did hold my breath and did a few sample passes before I did the final one.  I didn't want to mess up all my coloring, but it really worked PERFECTLY!!  I will be using that technique again and may do a video on it soon.

I've been having so much fun using the Spellbinders items for my projects this month, a big thank you to them for including me!

Have a colorful day!






3 comments:

Karen Letchworth said...

What a stunning card, Kristin. The image is amazing and you've designed your card so beautifully with it. Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Four Seasons. We hope that you'll join us again soon.

Judy Woodland said...

Awe!!! Such a sweet card, and so beautifully colored. Lots of wonderful work here and great take on the challenge. Thanks for playing along with us over at Double D, I hope we see you back again soon.
Judy~ DD DT Designer

Ellibelle said...

Such a wonderful garden scene, perfect for spring!
Thanks so much for joining in at Four Seasons challenge!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner