Friday, April 12, 2024

Color Throwdown with NEW Spellbinders Press Plate!

NEW Spellbinders April Release Guest Designer card featuring Tropical Leaves BetterPress plate and Hello wax seal!

Hi all!

I know I've been bombarding you with posts, but I've had so much fun with this release by Spellbinders!  Being a guest designer for any company is a complete thrill for me, so I tend to go overboard really...  


Anyhoo...I decided to use the stunning Tropical Leaves Press plate for this card while using the Color Throwdown challenge as my color inspiration.  The design was kept simple to really allow the beauty of the leaves to be the focus of the card.

Altenew's Fresh Dye Dusty Pink was perfect to ink up the Tropical Leaves press plates for my touch of pink.  After pressing the images, they were colored using colored pencils with yellow and shades of green.  The colors really popped off the pink-pressed images don't you think?

The great thing about this set is it comes with matching dies for the leaves...which saves my arthritic hands from too much discomfort.  Before assembling the leaves on the card front, some metallic gold watercolor paint was used to add some splatter for interest and to break up the space of white card base.

For the sentiment, the brand-new Hello Oval wax seal seemed to be the perfect touch.  After the wax cooled down, a metallic gold Sharpie marker was used to highlight the letters.  Finally, another touch of metallic gold was added with some gold thread.  

That's it for me, I hope all my cards are inspiring you to check out what Spellbinders released this month.  I am an affiliate of Spellbinders, if you purchase through one of my links, I do receive a small commission at zero cost to you.  Also, any commissions I receive are used to purchase giveaway items from my favorite vendors on my blog posts!

Have a colorful day!




1 comment:

Wanda Cullen said...

Kristin, this is absolutely stunning the way you incorporated the colors into the leaves! The wax seal adds a great touch of texture. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CTD!