Wednesday, April 10, 2024

SOC April 10th

 NEW SpellBinders Better Press Peony Perfection for Sisterhood of Crafters challenge!

Hi all!

I missed out on our last challenge, due to a long-scheduled vacation and some crazy drama in our lives...we currently have a new addition to our family for the time being!  She is our 18-month-old God daughter and while the circumstances surrounding her arrival were less than ideal, we are happy she is safe and content with us until she can return home.  It requires adjusting our lives, but we are happy to do it for her!

In the meantime, this week's challenge for the Sisterhood is SHOWERS or FLOWERS.  I opted for the flowers, as an opportunity to share this NEW BetterPress plate by Spellbinders being released TODAY!  


The new press plates I chose to use for this card are called Peony Perfection and Buffalo Plaid.  Both are gorgeous and have such extreme detail!  I think that's why I like the press plates so much, the detail is so beautiful and can be used with regular card stock...you won't have the lovely letterpress detail, but the image is still as crisp.


For the the Buffalo Plaid frame panel, I used Altenew's Fresh Dye ink in Berry Cool.  It inked up like a dream and was pressed into cotton cardstock using the Spellbinders BetterPress system.  I was so hesitant to get the BetterPress...its completely worth it!  I use it more than I thought I would and since I can use some of the inks I have on hand for inking, it's been a fantastic tool in my studio.


The Peony Perfection plate was used in my Glimmer system with gold foil, so you can use the plate for either the Spellbinders BetterPress or Glimmer systems.  LOVE you can use these plates different ways, even the sentiment was 'stamped' and heat embossed...so versatile!  The image was colored in using Altenew markers in the Red Sunset and Green Meadows color stories, then Arctic and Caribbean Sky markers for the background.  

Now...I'd love to see what you create for this challenge, AND visit Spellbinders today for their new release!  They have a deal happening....click the photo to be directed using my affiliate code at zero cost to you.


Have a colorful day!

1 comment:

Darlene said...

OH WOW ... a little one in the house will certainly 'keep you on your toes'. Bless you for standing in! Your card is beautiful ... thanks for another gorgeous DT project!