Wednesday, November 8, 2023

WOOP! WOOP!!

  Hi all!

MORE exciting news for me!  I've been asked to be a part of the Sisterhood of Crafters DT!  I'm so excited to be accepted...  I often wonder if I'm actually contributing to the crafting world with this little 'ole blog here, but when things like this happen, it makes me so excited and GRATEFUL!  Like I'm actually making this work...but it's not a job...does this make sense??  Either way, I'm so happy to be asked and thrilled you are here for the ride with me!

For my first challenge with SOC, we are creating items with a Fall Harvest theme.  I have decided to use the new Altenew Playful Leaves embossing folder for my main image.  There aren't any specifically fall themed items in my stash, instead I like having things that can be used in many different ways and this is one of those items.  

The front panel was created by using my ink pads directly on my cardstock for deep saturated color.  Then, on the flat side of the 3D embossing folder, a thick amount of gold pigment ink was rubbed all over it and run through the die cutter.  This gave it a concaved 3D effect...or de-bossed as I like to call it.  After it was de-bossed, the gold pigment ink pad was gently rubbed over the surface to give it better coverage.

This technique is incredibly effective don't you think?  The card is finished off with a sentiment from the Timeless Sentiment die set.  The 'hello' is made from a scrap piece of card stock with the ink pad used directly to the paper...to make it match of course.  Then highlighted with a little metallic watercolor paint to have it match the background paper.  For even more shimmer, the background for the sentiment was cut from glitter cardstock.  Finally, a few sequins to finish off the glitz!  I love me some glitz....

Thank you so much again for this opportunity to be a part of this amazing team!  I love being able to share my creations with people and hope to inspire them to create something special for someone they care about.  Now, go give the other DT members some love and I look forward to seeing your creations in our gallery!

Have a colorful day!

6 comments:

Diane said...

A beautiful and colorful card and so very creative to use the gold, adds so much elegance!! Welcome to our team at The Sisterhood of Crafters, we are honored to have you!!

Bonnie said...

Your bold colors and deep embossing makes for a fabulous show. Well done my new sister

Lia said...

Hi Kristin, what a lovely card with the colourful leaves. I like it a lot.
And welcome to the DT group: wishing you a lot of crafting fun!
Lia xx

Buffy said...

Super colours, it really pops.
Hugs Buffy x

Vickie Y said...

Beautifully designed! Love the de-bossed look.

Ina G said...

Love your bold beautiful colourful fall card Kristin. Great embossing folder and nice touch of bring.