Monday, November 20, 2023

Simple textures and patterns - COLOR HUES RUNNER UP! - SIMPLY CLEAN AND SIMPLE TOP 3! - SHOPPING OUR STASH TOP 3!

 Hi all!

What is your go-to style of crafting?  I am all over the place!  I love CAS, but it's not my instinctual style.  I'm a more is more kinda gal, especially with colors patterns and textures.  If you saw my house you would completely understand...my kids refer to it as circus chic.

  
This week, the textures and patterns are on par, but in keeping with the Color Hues challenge this week, the colors are simple.  Red and metallic gold, which is perfect for the holidays.  Also featured is the Freshly Made Sketches layout for the week.  Simple but perfect with multiple textures and patterns for the Simply Clean and Simple challenge and embossed panels and the heat embossed little sentiment for the Shopping our Stash challenge.

My holiday favorite embossing folder from Spellbinders...it may change soon as new product is arriving soon at my door step...was the launching point of this card.  The pattern is reminiscent of a cable knit sweater, it's cozy and inviting!

The panels of patterns are gold foil using Altenew's Chevron hot foil plate as well as the Greetery's Fair Isle stencil.  The sweater pattern was fussy cut and only 1 of the 5 stencils were used to make a super easy addition to the sketch.

Finally, the sentiment die is Fancy Giving Thanks from Simon Says Stamp, cut from metallic gold paper and mounted on white paper.  Then red sequins were added to give this card some extra shimmer!

Thank you so much for visiting, I hope you have a holiday colorful day!

10 comments:

Bonnie said...

I, too, am all over the place when it comes to style but must admit that CAS is perhaps my least loved and used. Yet I love when others do it so successfully. The shine on this one makes everything come together.

Jen Brum said...

Such a great card! I love the red and gold together! That embossed background is so fun! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

Pretty card! Love the embossed background and the pop of red! Glad you joined us at FMS!

I Card Everyone said...

OH, man! That embossing folder has made an impression on me, Kristin! Just lovely!
=]

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the great embossed background! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

Karen said...

Each element of this card contributes to one wonderful design! I love that you cut a piece of the stencil out--great idea! That embossing folder is one I haven't seen before and it's a stunner, too! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Stef Perry said...

Ooo, Kristin, I'm loving the texture of that gorgeous embossing folder, along with all the pretty gold elements! Well done fussy cutting the stenciled pattern to get the red in there. Thanks so much for joining us at Color Hues!

Tracey McNeely said...

Kristin this is fabulous design I love all the textures and foiling, so pretty! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues!

Nancy said...

Pretty card, Kristin and I chuckled at the comment about your kids referring to your house as circus chic. Love EF so much and the bold grateful die. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues.

Darlene said...

WOW this is just beautiful and also fits SEVERAL of our other challenge blog (list & links below my name). Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Simply Clean & Simple challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B