Thursday, June 22, 2023

Sooo...we bought a boat....

 Hi all!

I have another sneak peek for you today!  I'm a guest designer for Altenew for their July release, and this die set and coordinating stamp set is a classic design.  AND...it's kind of perfect that I'm a part of it because.....we accidently bought a boat.  Yup, we are now boat people......


Anyway, starting July 5th, Altenew will release this adorable die set Wooden Boat and its coordinating stamp and die set Boat Adventures (the links won't be active until the 5th...you'll have to be patient!)  It makes such fun and classic cards and is an amazing set also for those scrapbooking boat-y people!  I'm completely hooked on it and its not just because I have a boat.

I was inspired by this weeks JUGS Inspiration Challenge photo and knew I had to use this die set for it.  I don't own any beachy type stamp sets or even papers for that matter, so this set came to the rescue!  I wanted to create the texture of sand so I used Kraft cardstock for the background sand color and added splatters of every color of brown (and black) watercolor paint I own. 

The boat itself is SO incredibly easy to put together!  I decided to use the color of the sand again for the boat but added red and yellow accents to match the odd ball house in the inspiration photo.  The little die cut of pond of water is also from a new release set, but I'll feature that at a later time...I've got to save something to surprise you all with!!  The pond is cut our of some blue granite patterned paper I made to match the blue houses in the photo.  If you're interested in learning how to make the paper, visit my new YouTube channel, I've made a tutorial on how to do it.  The technique makes paper with an amazing pattern, I love it!


I finished the card off with the sentiment from the Boat Adventures set, stamped and embossed with black powder.  If I were to do it again, I would stamp with black ink and use clear powder...but I wasn't thinking so, it'll do for now.  It's finished off with these amazing sequins...they are like a chameleon...they work for every card even though they are supposed to be green?!?  I've used them for ivory, yellow, green and now brown cards and they magically match each project...I love it when that happens...

Stay tuned for the next 4 weeks for LOTS of new products from Altenew I have the privilege to work with!

Have a colorful day!

3 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

This is awesome! I love that boat and this wonderful inspired card~ Thanks for joining in at JUGS

TK said...

Love the boat -- so detailed! you've made an adorable scene. The boat die will be very popular when released

I Card Everyone said...

Kristin! I can't wait to see all that's new from Altnew! Your sneak peek today is so adorable - we happen to be CANOE people! The details in that die are incredible!
So you're tellin' me I better start saving my craft cash? OY!
=]