Wednesday, June 21, 2023

It's finally LAUNCHED!!

 Hi all!

Its been 6 days since I've been able to sit down in my studio to create... Instead of creating, I've been developing my NEW YouTube channel!  I'm very much a newbie, so I'm trying to give myself some grace with the finished product.  I've officially launched it today, so if you have a chance, check it out and give me ANY advice you might have to make it better, it would be greatly appreciated.  SO without further ado, here it is! 

I decided to focus on a technique that I loved doing with my students, and it translates well into paper crafting.  You have all seen this before, but I'm hoping this video makes you realize bubble art makes INCREDIBLE granite patterned papers! This is a great watercolor project. 

  


The dye ink reinkers are the same as liquid watercolor paints so they are perfect for this technique.  I've decided to add this to the Happy Little Stampers Watercolor Challenge his month, with the theme of bright colors.  I've also decided to add the second card to the Inkspirational Challenge this week, Embossed Backgrounds, Addicted to Stamps & More Birthday Challenge and the Shop Our Stash challenge this week, Sentimentally Yours.


Isn't the paper stunning?  I really love how it came out.  I've made other papers with blue colors you can see HERE.  This easy technique is easy and only needs water, dish soap and dye ink refillers!


The Mega Hello die from Altenew is the perfect die to use with this beautiful paper.  And using only 1/4 of the piece of cardstock I created, I was able to make 2 different cards.  To complement my first card, I used the Sentiment Strips stamp set to add the 'you make me so' strip.  

This second card has a sneak peek die set on it!  The Versatile Greetings 2 die and foil set will be available on July1st, so stay tuned here for updates and a giveaway from Altenew then!

Thank you so much for visiting me today, I hope you like the video and hope you'll subscribe!  

Hope you have a colorful day!



9 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Yay! Kristin, you rocked that video! Would you believe I have NEVER done this bubble technique? Your papers are fabulous! What am I waiting for? lol
Lovely cards, congratulations!
=]

Chana Malkah said...

Your background is very nice! Your video is nice as well! I am working on improving my YT channel, so I feel your pain, The struggle is real when you are trying to get it "perfect!" From one novice to another, you did a great job!

I love your happy sentiment and the techniques used in your projects. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, DT, SOS

Redora Lee Designs , My Blog
A Place to Start , Challenge Blog, Owner
613 Avenue Create , Owner

dj said...

Beautiful background!! Such a fun technique and one that I have not tried but I sure am going to!! Way to go shopping your stash...that jumbo die looks great on your bubble background...I am gonna have to give this technique a try!! So glad you played along with our "Sentimentally Yours" challenge over at Shopping Our Stash!!
-Deb Horst, DT #SOS499

SmilynStef said...

Wowza ... that is so gorgeous ... so very glad you joined us at Shopping Our Stash.

Izzy Scrap said...

WOW ! This is a fabulous technique, that I will have to give a try. Love your combo of colours you used in your video, it makes a gorgeous background for your sentiment die cut. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing at ATSM.

Inkyfingers said...

What an awesome technique and you created a great twofer too! These uniqe designs are so beautiful!
Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM.

Lyn Bernatovich said...

Great video (I subscribed to your channel!) and I loved this fun technique. I also enjoyed the diecut sentiment affixed on the diagonal. Thanks for playing at Happy Little Stampers Watercolor Challenge. xoxo LynB

Marina said...

It's a great technique and looks good with the embossing . Good luck with your channel.
Thanks for joining in at Inkspirational.

Nandini said...

Great cards and I loved your video! Hard to believe this is your first one. Just one suggestion - can you enable the comments in YouTube? Great to see you in the HLS gallery. I hope you will join us again soon! Nandini - DT