Friday, June 23, 2023

Scraps and Sequins - JUST ADD INK HONORABLE MENTION! & TIC TAC TOE DESIGN TEAM PICK

 Hi all!

Raise your hand if you have a scrap bin...we all do, right?  It's nearly impossible to throw away even the smallest piece of paper if there is space for a die cut or stamp.  I have 2 binders for scrap papers AND a drawer under my paper cutter, as well as 5 little bins for extra die cuts, sentiments, and background papers...yes I'm very organized, HA!  When I saw the challenges for Just Add Ink and the Tic Tac Toe Challenges, I knew I could easily whip up something for it!  For JAI, I of course chose the sequins and added some scrap die pieces. For TTT, I went with Craft tool (die cutter), patterned paper (which I made this week) and die cuts (the window and leaves)

 

The patterned background paper was made when I featured a technique on my very first YouTube video this week.  HOWEVER, the vellum and heat embossed die cut leaves were from my scrap bin from a card I didn't complete YEARS ago, and the vellum came from my paper cutter scrap drawer.


I absolutely adore the granite background paper I made.  The colors and textures are just amazing!  When I found the Altenew Leaf Canopy vellum die cuts in my flower/leaf scrap bin, I pulled out the set and stamped the image all over the granite paper with Grapevine fresh dye ink.  It just kicked that paper up a notch!


The window has 3 layers, 2 white 110 lb card stock, and the background paper.  It was cut using Altenew's new Ornate Nesting die set.  The papers were stacked, then a piece of vellum with a heat embossed sentiment from the stamp set was attached on the back side.  The positive piece from the granite paper was placed behind the vellum and centered in the window.  


The scrap die cuts were added, and no card is complete without a little sparkle!  Pink sequins were added following the direction of the leaves.  This little creation will be given to one of my girlfriends on our upcoming trip in July.


If you're interested, here is the video on how the background paper was created.  Please like and follow!

Have a colorful day!

3 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Love how you brought out some of your bubble paper again, Kristin - and that leafy canopy does indeed 'bump it up a notch!' Especially love it paired with vellum.
Scrap bin? ahem... might have one or three myself!
=]

ElizStewart said...

Kristin... love your first video! Congratulations! I never did anything like that in grammar school but as an adult I think the bubbles would be great fun... I have added it to my try list. So love your card... the bit of added stamping and vellum add-ons are perfect. Thanks so much for joining and sharing at Tic Tac Toe this week!

ColourmehappyDi said...

I love how the leaf stamp looks so fab teamed with the patterned paper, and repeated in the vellum leaves. Wonderful keeping and using of your scraps. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink.
Di, JAI