Sunday, April 3, 2011

Pullin' the Trigger

It's been a while since I've been able to play with Cath over at Moxie Fab...I've missed you...  I spent a few hours in my spot last night, and was able to get a few things done for her current challenges there.  Here's the first one I did for this week's Tuesday Trigger.

Isn't this dish towel fabulous?  I love the complementary color combo - orange and blue.  I wanted to do something that was graphic and simple...opposite of my go-to style...and pulled some great orange rub-ons from Studio Calico from my stash.

The turquoise letters are an old SU alphabet set...I guess there is a reason to keep those retired sets....  I wanted to add the typewriter, but it made the orange letters less inpactful, so I put it under a piece of vellum.  This was an easy card, it just took some time to cut out the letters.

10 comments:

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Kristin! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you gave it a whirl! :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card! Love your graphic style, congrats on making the Trigger Target!

Deirdre said...

Great card. Congrats on the TT.

Smriti said...

So cute!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

What a cool and different take on the trigger!! LOVE it!

Joanne Leddy said...

This is super cool. You are so clever - I love this! Congratulations!

Teresa Zuehls said...

Congrats on your TT! What a fun card!

Bellaidea said...

Congratulations! Very cute card!

Linda Beeson said...

I love your card, what a really fun take on the Trigger.

SueB said...

I'm so glad you explained your process. I'd wondered if you'd stamped off the typewriter ... it's a great card for the challenge - TFS!