Thursday, April 21, 2011

Fun with floss...

Can you believe it's been so long since I last posted?  Life is hectic - the holidays, construction,...visits from the inlaws during the construction..., illness.  You all know how it goes.  Sorry I 've been too distracted to be present here these last 2 weeks.  I will have time in my craftin' spot this weekend, so you'll see more of me soon...I promise...

I am here this today for this week's Our Creative Corner challenge!  This weeks' challenge is hosted by the VERY talented Jennifer Rzasa at our Change of Heart.  You must go and check out her talent...amazing!...  This week she is challenging us to use embroidery floss!  I have to tell you, this holds a special place in my heart.  One of my first win overs at Moxie Fab was for the Fun with Floss challenge with this little card.  I always find it amazing the different things we come up with, all using the same thing!  This is my card for this week's challenge...

I love the colors of this, and am entering it in the CR84FN Color Challenge this week!  This is one of my FAVORITE color combinations, and have been helping plan an event in Denmark with these colors.   I stitched the floss around the polkadots on the paper I had with white floss...an old SU! DSP... and did french knots at the joints with the teal floss.  It was time consuming, but fairly easy.   The I just added some ribbon, a doily, my go to Trio Tags Spellbingers die and a FABULOUS dragonfly for some sparkle.  Check out all the other ladies inspirations - they are AMAZING!!

6 comments:

Lori Rider said...

Kristin, this is so pretty! I love the stitching and french knots, and your colors are gorgeous too - beautiful card!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Holy moly Kristin, this is absolutely fabulous!! I love it. The way you did the stitching gives it a flocked look - very cool, and I adore the french knots. Stellar job on this week's challenge. I noticed you used the colors of the CR84FN challenge. I don't know if it's too late to enter over there but you should check 'cause this card's a winner!

Have a great weekend - hope you get some more crafting done!

Hugs,
Linda

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Oh geez Kristin- this is too awesome! I hope to be like you one day :) I actually remember your card from the Moxie Fab floss challenge. It was simply amazing, and this one might even top it! I think I might steal your color combo on a future project....

Have a great weekend!

Sarah Gough said...

Gorgeous Kristin, this is probably my fave colour combo ever!

Vicki Burdick said...

So pretty, love the stitching on the BG! It is fabulous and so creative!!

Laurie said...

This is such a pretty color combo! I LOVE that stitched background! SO pretty!