Saturday, April 9, 2011

Humbled...

I am humbled and flattered. I was honored to have been asked to be a part of the Paper Crafts 350 Cards & Gifts blog hop, but all the 100+ warm, sweet, acknowledging comments on my post, left me speechless. Thank you all...
Today is another Our Creative Corner Challenge! This week is hosted by Sharon again, and she is challenging us to create a project with a tea party theme! Since I was in the 3D mood, I decided to make another box like the ones I made for the blog hop yesterday. They are easy and really cute!  You can see the tutorial here...obviously I only made 1 for this project...


This is a simple little box to put something yummy in. Since I used all the cookies for my neighbors gift, this one is left empty until I find something good to go in it. I used the Faux Metal technique to make the tea pot with Ranger Silver Pearl EP. Isn't it sweet? ...It looks like fine china... Alright, go brew yourself up a cup and get your creative juices flowin!

15 comments:

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Gorgeous! That teapot is amazing. What a brilliant technique! So, when are we scheduling your craft room organizing? "Will work for cookies" that's my slogan. ;o)

Kelly G said...

I LOVE your project!! It's my fave yet

Linda said...

This is a cute box for a tea bag or a yummy cookie. Love the doily in the back. Thanks for sharing.

Linda D.

HawaiianLibrarian said...

This is seriously divine! I would love to try your design for next month's tea swap. Mahalo for sharing.

Gina said...

With the tea pot and doily, that little box is begging for tea bags! :) So sweet!! That would be a nice "thinking of you" friend or teacher giftie. Hmmm, you've given me ideas for end of year gifts...cookies in a couple, tea or Starbucks Via (or both) in a couple...fun! Thanks for doing my "shopping" for me! tee-hee

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Another sensational box. I'm really loving these colors that you used. This is completely adorable. I'd love to get the template. Is it one that you created?

Terrific take on this week's challenge, Kristin. Hope you are having a great weekend.

Hugs,
Linda

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Okay, I did find your tutorial and definitely will add it to my favorites! Thanks so much for sharing!

creativearts said...

Love this little box and it is screaming for tea bags! Is the tutorial for the box available? I would love to try this! Gorgeous!

Pauline said...

Fabulous project, I like the tea pot, is it a template or your own design? xx

Vicki Burdick said...

This is awesome!! I love your little box and the colors are perfect!!!

Rebecca Ednie said...

Congrats on being published! I just got my copy yesterday. It's very unique and so pretty!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

You are so deserving of the comments from the PC blog hop! I always love to see what you make, and am honored to be on the OCC DT with you! Your project for this week is beautiful, and I just love the colors.

Sarah Gough said...

Just gorgeous, I love the little tea pot your created, perfect!

Anonymous said...

Hi again, Kristin! When you commented on my blog you asked about my photo tricks, so here I am to happily answer (I looked for an email address in your blog, but can't find anyone, so sorry for the long comment!). I learnt how to correct the color balance, light and whites in my pictures with this super easy photoshop tutorials by Lisa Spangler:
http://sideoatsandscribbles.wumple.com/category/photo-tutorials/
Believe me, the results are amazing and the best part is that it's not -say- "enhancing" the cards, but just showing how they are in real life. Hope this helps :)

farmhouse-story said...

darling project, kristin! congrats on your pub!!