Saturday, April 2, 2011

Girly-girl

Hi ladies!


This is a quick post, it's currently 2:12 a.m. here...*yawn*... Since I returned home from vacation, I haven't been able to get into my craftin' spot until 8:30 this evening. Lots of laundry to do....uggh....

Any-hoo - It's Our Creative Corner Challenge time again! This week our challenge is hosted by Sharon Wheet of Designs by Sharon. She is having us make girly things with ribbons, bling and home-made paper flowers....right up my alley.... I made a quick adorable card for a birthday party my daughter is going to this weekend, but alas - I ruined it. I wasn't paying attention, started cleaning up, and absentmindedly placed my stamp container on top of the slowly drying Stickles. Then hubby came home, we chatted and I cleaned up for bed so I wouldn't wake him later. When I returned to photograph it...an hour later...I discovered a glittery mess. I was going to just re-make it, but my printer wouldn't work for my vintage digi. Then I was frustrated! So I gave up on that and started a project I'd been wanting to do for a while...a spring wreath for my front door... I changed the original plans...coffee filters...to fit in the challenge and ~ voila! Shabby, doily covered wreath!
excuse the photo quality - it's late and this doesn't fit in my light box!

I used MANY Spellbinders die sets for this, Large Oval & Large Scalloped Oval, Floral Doily Accents and Floral Doily Motifs...the latter 2 were gifts from Terre and Stacy - thanks again ladies!... The wreath is made up of individual flowers made from the doily dies.  A total of 28 flowers, so 168 die cuts to be exact...my Cuttlebug was smokin'!... Here's a close-up of what they look like. They are really easy to make, just time consuming.

Ok - enough! Off to bed!

8 comments:

Kleeblatt said...

Wow, what for a great wreath. I love it.

Hugs Monika

Wendy J. said...

Kristin, this is wonderful! Wow! Looks like lots of work! I totally love all the flowers it's made of! Just beautiful!

Sharon Wheet said...

Kristin, I feel your pain of accidentally ruining a geat work of art. :( but, I have to say, I'm really loving the doilynflower wreath"! It's beautful and soo feminine! How perfect! Hope your time away on vacation was relaxing and fun filled!

Sarah Gough said...

this is really pretty - and just think...you'll have some killer arm muscles from all that cranking!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Wowza Kristin- this truly makes an impact! I can't believe you die cut all of those doilies. The results certainly make it worth it. Hope you have an awesome week!

Rebecca Ednie said...

I actually winced when reading of the woe that befell your card! Ohhh. But your wreath turned out so beautifully! It reminds me of lacy vintage petticoats! Fab!

Vicki Burdick said...

Kristen, this is so creative and so girly!!! Love it!!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Kristin, your spring wreath is drop-dead gorgeous! I love the froth of white frills - about as girly as you can get! The fabric hanger and the banner are wonderful too. Sorry about the damaged first effort, but you came back stronger than ever! Awesome take on this week's challenge!

Hope you had a great weekend.

Hugs,
Linda