Monday, April 4, 2011

Hot Air

Balloons...its all the rage.  You've seen them - everywhere - and I don't mean in the sky.  They are so hot and trendy right now.  I've always been obsessed with them, I mean who doesn't want to go for a ride in one?  Oh the opportunity will present itself...someday...and I will take full advantage of it.  Until then, I will have to live vicariously thru my paper crafting.

A special thanks to Cath a Moxie Fab for enabling my mild obsession.  Check out her current challenge, In My Beautiful Balloon.  I made this card for it.  Does the layout look familar?...remember the Paper Crafts Go-To-Sketches call?....  I've had this paper for a while and needed to put it to good use.  It's such a  graphic pattern, that I wanted to have a layout that showed it off without overwhelming the card.  I like the effect, and the added little addition on the bottom corner I just love!

9 comments:

Lindsay said...

I Love what you did with that paper! Such a great idea to use that sketch, it's perfect! Great work Kristin!

Janelle said...

What an excellent way to use that paper! Fabulous card!

Pam said...

You've made beautiful use of that paper by making it the focus of the card!!

Jessi Fogan said...

I love it!! The grid pattern, and the sweet cloud/balloon collage with the sentiment...awesome :)

Jocelyn Olson said...

Great card! I love how you tiled the patterned paper and the little balloon and clouds in the corner is so cute!!

Glenda J said...

Ok, didn't see this one when I stopped by earlier. This is brilliant! I love what you did with the sentiment/balloon/clouds.

Alanna Harris said...

love your grid of balloons!!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Kristin! Thanks for linking this up to the In My Beautiful Balloon Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Jessica said...

Love the grid. TFS :)