Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Simple Leaves

 Hi all!

I love fall, the crisp air and crunchy leaves...but it needs to wait a bit longer!  I'm not ready for summer to be over and the weather here in Ohio has been very fall like.  We are very lucky however, most of the west coast is dealing with extremely hot weather and I'm sure they wish it was fall!

  

I have had the honor of being invited to be a guest designer for Altenew for August, It has been so much fun and a LOT of work!  I've really enjoyed the entire process.  One of my favorite stamp sets from the August Monthly Series release is their Mini Delight - Deco Elements.  It has a fantastic 1920's graphic feel to it that can be used in so many ways!

I used the Deco Elements with my stamp wheel to create this Biedermeier effect for this card.  The simple image repeated lends itself to a CAS style, so I'm entering it in the Just Add Ink and the Addicted to CAS challenges.

I stamped the leaf using black pigment ink and heat embossed it with clear powder.  I then colored in the leaves with my new Altenew alcohol markers.  It was so easy!

The card is finished off with the large frame and die from the Deco Elements set.  I love it when a project is simple, but makes a huge impact!

This set and all the monthly subscription sets are available starting August 17th!  Also, join me at my Youtube channel for detailed instructions on how to create a beautiful card using this set and the Altenew stamp wheel!

Hope you have a colorful day!!

4 comments:

Nikki Spencer said...

Love this! So bold and interesting. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

Ann Alexander said...

Love the colours and boldness of your card. Thank you for sharing this week at Just Add Ink - Ann

Vicky Hayes said...

Love the deco feel of this card Kristin! Congratulations on guesting at Altenew! Thank you for coming to play with by Leaves challenge at Addicted to CAS, Vicky x

foleysfriend said...

Pretty card. I like the ombre effect on the leaves. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to CAS.

sue n.