Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Yellow-Green Watercolors

 HI all!

Quick post here...

I recently created a video for a 'watercolor' technique I tend to use often, and with all the craziness going on in my life, I haven't had a chance to blog about it until now!  This card was my 'practice' before I did any taping, and the colors are the perfect shade of yellow-green!  Perfect for the Colorful Options challenge for August.


I won't get into all the deets on how to do it here, but you don't have to have ANY artistic talent to make a watercolor masterpiece!  Just stamps, ink, water and maybe some salt...

This is made with stamps!  The new Altenew Cupped Flowers stamp set to be precise, but any solid image stamp will do for this technique.


The pink is my favorite complimentary color to the yellow-green color.  They make each other pop!


If you're really fancy, try adding some salt to the stamped image while it is still wet and let it dry...you'll love the results it creates!  You can see more of this technique and the results of the salt in the video below...


I hope you have a colorful day!!




1 comment:

Makira said...

Triple the WOW, triple the amazement! Your card is an absolute stunner that flawlessly captures the essence of the mood board! πŸ“ΈπŸ’― Nailing it doesn't even begin to describe it! Your artistic talent and eye for design are inspiring. Thank you for playing with us at the Colorful Options Challenge! Cheers, Makira