Monday, September 9, 2019

Scene Stress

Hi y'all!

I'm on my 8th AECP class today, I'm just cruzin' right through them!  Until today that is....  I actually watched all the sessions over a week ago.  It's just taken me this long to figure out what to do!

Nichol Magouirk taught this class, and let me tell you her Copic skills are AMAZING!!  I bow to her mastery...  This class is Seasonal Scene Building.  I have to admit, this is not something I normally do while I create.  I don't have a ton of 'scene' building stamps and literally none from Altenew.  I had to get creative and think outside the box to make this assignment work.

This first card, I'm not really sure it meets the parameters of the assignment.  You see, I was to create a scene using stamps using masking techniques.  Check out this beauty here that Nichol made...
Altenew_MaskingAScene1
Created by Nichol Magouirk
See what I mean?  And just one layer!  I don't have anything resembling that in my stash.  So....outside of the box I went.  Far outside the box....like Siberia far....  Hemmin' and hawin' over this assignment for a week, I finally thought I would make a garden trellis with the Altenew Grid stencil and the Leaf Clusters stamp set.

So, not as creative as Nichol's beautiful creation.  I do like how it looks like the leaves are behind the trellis for a far off garden in the background.
 I added some little embellies of sequins and enamel dots since it looked so plain.

The second card I made is a shaker card, I haven't made one of those in a bazillion years!  To say I was rusty was an understatement, but I mustered thru.

The background was created by using ink blending die cuts from Altenew's Wreath Builder as stencils to create my scene.

I added some of those die cuts to the front to give it a feeling of tree decorations.  I also added an ornament from Brilliant Baubles.

I love this color combo for Christmas, traditional red and green are not my thing.  I've used these colors to create for years like this Paper Crafts Stampin Royalty card and this Paper Crafts blog hop creation.  What are your favorite holiday color combos?

I'll be eager to hear if this meets the parameters of this assignment!!!

Have a colorful day!

1 comment:

Erum Tasneem said...

Your so far out the box, aka Siberia is exactly where you needed to be to create these masterpieces girlfriend! These are AMAZING! I sound like a broken record by now. But heck at least I am an honest broken record! Love love love the ideas! Keep em coming. I cant to see what you create for your final challenge and for your final workshop! You will be a treat to watch!
Thank you so much for your entertaining posts and your ever-amazing work. Thanks again for entering your work to the AECP assignment gallery. Top job!