Sunday, September 15, 2019

A hard week

Hi y'all,

I'm so glad this week is over!  It has been hard.  We had 3 deaths touch our lives this week.  Watching our loved ones grieve is difficult.  It truly makes you grateful for all the blessings in our lives.

With these announcements, I realized I didn't have a single bereavement card in my stash of completed cards.  I created a few more cards to use this week and more for my stash.  I really put my Mist to work while creating these!  The Altenew layered floral stamps are perfect for multiple card making.

This first card I made 2 of.  I used my Misti which made it a simple way to create them.  I stamped out multiples of the flowers from Altenew's Peony Bouquet with leaves all at the same time. 

For the background, I stamped the outline images to create movement across the card.  I finished it off with the sentiment and some splatters of gold watercolor paints.

The second set of cards I again used my Misti  I used the new Altenew Hellebore stamp set. 
I really like this stamp set.  The image is very bold and graphic!  I repeated stamping with my Misti so I could whip these out quickly. 

The background was done by dry embossing with the Layered Plaid dye, it makes a great background for simple cards.  I also splattered the background with gold and black watercolor paint.  I finished it off with enamel dots in black.

The final card I made I used the Beautiful Peony stamp set.  The back ground I painted with my new Altenew watercolor brush markers  The colors are SO intense!  I have to learn how to use them, but they are fun to use so far.

After I made washes of grey, blue and dusk, I then added a wash of gold watercolor paints.  I love the shimmer of the gold.

I finished the card off with the flower images, masked and embosssed with black embossing powder on vellum paper.  Its super artsy, and perfect for my cousin and his wife. 

It was good therapy for this weeks events.  I'm glad I have this outlet.

Have a colorful week!

No comments: