Saturday, October 15, 2011

Transparency Theory

Hello Ladies!  It's that time again, Our Creative Corner Challenge time!  This week our hostess is fabulous Marjie Kemper and she is challenging us to use transparencies in your creations this week.  I had a hard time getting back into the craftin' groove this week, recovering from the vaca, Rug Doctoring my area rugs on the first floor....I'll give you a hint why, it rhymes with 'bat' and may be sleeping with the fishes when I'm done with him....  But now that it's all done, I'm 1 rug short....uugghhh....and have thoroughly enjoyed spending a few hours in the craftin' spot....*aaahhhhh*......

You all know I love using window sheets for card bases, but decided to spice it up a bit for this one.  I was really able to sit down and enjoy the crafting process this time and brought back my 'shabby' side.  The transparency is from Hambly Studios, its the dress maker forms.  I placed that over a stitched sheet I made with scraps.  I'm LOVIN' how this came out and that life is slowin' down, if only for a few weeks!

Now be sure you head over to the OCC and check out all that the DT has made this week, I've been swooning over each and every one!

11 comments:

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Very pretty. Love all the layers too

Marjie Kemper said...

So beautiful, Kristin... love the Hambly transparency and the totally cool shabby chic look of this piece. Lots of fabulous texture around your cute sentiment panel and the button and pin add so much! Love it. Good luck with the being that rhymes with bat!

LeAnne said...

Very pretty....I just love the colors and how you used the transparency here. Very creative!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

I think your design is brilliant this week Kristin! That transparency sheet is so cool and I really love the patchwork background. The hints of red and then the red doily and button are the perfect accents. Beautiful lace and bow too!

So sorry to hear about your rug disaster. Hope you have a better week this week!

Hugs,
Linda

Tui Nathan said...

Oh wow ... this is really gorgeous Kristen ... I love that transparent background, it works so beautifully with your lace border and ultra delish red doily ... love everything about it!!!

Sharon Wheet said...

Oh My Gosh! YOur card is stunning! I love it! I love the different body forms, and the red doily! The sentiment is just tooo prefect! the
'thanks' looks sewn and the stitching around the card is the cherry on top! what a fabulous card! I bet it was fun to create! LOVE IT!

Shannon Finch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shannon Finch said...

Love your card design Kristin. I like how you used a variety of pattern paper behind the transparency. I love the dress form transparency - I haven't used any Hambly transparencies for a while so you've inspired me to buy some!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

I love, love, love this color scheme (I know you do too!), and your card is just gorgeous. You do wonderful things with dimension. Hope you have a great week!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Oh yeah, you spiced this one up beautifully, Kristin! This is shabby-licious with that gorgeous color combo and all of the pretty details you added. Sounds like you have a misbehavin' kitty on your hands, too. ;) Uh oh! Hope your week has been going well! Hugs to you!

Vicki Burdick said...

Totally over the top gorgeous!!! Love the colors and the crochet trim and your beautiful bow with button and pearl pin!! Hope you are having a great week!