Saturday, October 29, 2011

Fancy Folds

Hi Ladies!
Who likes to fold?....no not your laundry.....  Are you into origami, or creating 3D items with paper?  Then the ladies at Our Creative Corner want to see your creations!  The ultra talented Tui is our hostess this week and she is putting us to the test.  Here is my creation for this challenge.  Tf you've checked out my tutorial, then you have seen the step-by-step for a basket like this.  After much nagging, I had to make one just like Lily's for my youngest daughter that turned 3 this month....she had to have one like her big sister.... I thought this was the perfect chance to get it done.

This basket is put together by folding 4 little boxes and putting them together.  It's easy, but time consuming and totally worth the effort!  She's been hopping around with it 'like a bunny' all day....she's so darn cute....

We are having a Halloween birthday party for her today so I'll share the photos with you later this week.  As always I've gone overboard, but hey, it's my sweet little bebe, so I couldn't resist!

10 comments:

Marjie Kemper said...

What a cool project, Kristin! I love the way each one is a bit different yet all pull together to make such a fun basket. The handle is awesome, too. Happy B'day to your little one.

Lori Rider said...

Oh my gosh, this is such a cute basket. No wonder your littlest girl wanted one like her sister's! The colors and design are adorable, and I will definitely be marking this project for future use! It's just fabulous!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Your basket is chocked full of shabby sweetness, Kristin. Sensational design and such beautiful embellishments. And that handle is just wonderful too.

Have a wonderful Halloween b'day party for your little one!

Hugs,
Linda

Tui Nathan said...

This is super gorgeous Kristen and oh so adorable ... yep, I love your shabby chic style here and your detailing is perfection!!!
Thanks for the inspiration and the fabulous tutorial!!!

Susan (rainy) said...

What a darling project. Love all the buttons and lace... Just adorable.

Audhild said...

It looks so cute! I can imagine your daughter loved this:-)

Sharon Wheet said...

Your box basket is totally adorable and I can see why Lily is hopping around! This little basket is wonderfully creative and very pretty!
Glad that you took the time and effort to create such a wonderful paper craft!
have a great week, hugs, sharon

Anne Marie Hile said...

I like folding anything other then my laundry...haha!! This is TOO fun, Kristin. So much prety detail throughout the entire basket. The ruffled handle is my favorite part. I'm sure your little one loves it. Hope you are enjoying your week so far! Hugs! :)

Holly Barrett said...

Super cute! Love the ruffely (is that a word?) handle and the whitewashing on the red solid parts of the box. I hope she loved it!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

I love your project, and the sweet story about your daughters! So cute. The scallops and ruffles are the perfect finishing touches. Hope you're having an amazing week!