Saturday, September 10, 2011

OCC Windows Challenge?

OK, now I know this isn't a traditional window's item, but here is my thinking...  The challenge that Holly put forward this week at Our Creative Corner, is to make a window on your project with something showing thru it....like a window....I couldn't decide on just one, so I made 2....I'm an over achiever ;)....  I also wanted to be sure I was doing the challenge right!

So this first one has numbers die cut from a panel of kraft cardstock and I added different colored cardstock behind those numbers....it's the idea of a window, just not a literal interpretation.

My second card is a bit more literal, but it's not a window into the inside of the card.  I made a framed 'window' around my burlap and sequin panel.  Pretty splashie, eh?

 I like them both, but really want to see what you come up with for this challenge.  Are you ready?

4 comments:

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Both of your cards for the window challenge are great, but I really like the number one with the colored CS behind it - very cool way to do a window card and a totally cute birthday card!

Hope you have had a great weekend!

Hugs,
Linda

Sharon Wheet said...

Kristin, I think both cards are pretty. I believe your first card fits the challenge! YOu created a 'window' with the die and placed colored cardstock, so that it could peak thru the 'window'. Great cards!, very clever, and very beautiful!

Tui Nathan said...

Oh wow ... Kristen your cards are both lovely and I think they both fit the challenge beautifully .... I think my favorite would be the first one, I love the colours and I love the bold striking numbers - just perfect!!!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Hey Kristin, I'm loving both of these! The first one is bold, bright and fun, and the second has a bit more of an understated elegance in the color scheme, with the fun of the sequins. Sorry it took me all week to comment! Hope you enjoy your weekend :)