Saturday, September 17, 2011

Go See Do...

Is it getting cooler where you're at?  It is here!  I love fall....chunky sweaters, football games, hot stews, warm bread, the colors....all of it.  Hopefully fall will stay...
It's that time again at Our Creative Corner, Challenge time!  Sharon is our hostess this week with a great challenge.  This week's challenge is titled:  'Not Big on Pink' .  So, for this paper craft challenge, you need to use any shade of blue, and just a touch of pink.  If you need a number, think 1/5 or less in pink.  You must also incorporate some texture, (ie: fabric, ribbon, floss, etc) and a metal piece (ie: brad, push pin, charm, etc.).

I decided to go with something more simple.  I had stamped this airplane image in a repeated pattern to make a chevron background a while back.  I didn't know what to do with it after I made it.  It's been sitting around for about a month now.  I loved the effect, but wasn't sure how I wanted to use it.  Since Sharon's challenge said to use lots of blue,  not a lot of pink, I made a CAS card with this.  The grid panel is actually a Studio Calico fabric strip that I stamped the sentiments on.  I added the buttons for a simple touch and thought I was done...oopps....I forgot one element - the metal!  I had to go back and add some eyelets in black to match....instead of a metal color....

I love this sentiment.  It reminds me of a dear BFF that is a major jet-setter.  She is ALWAYS goin', seein' and doin' AMAZING things!....She's quite fabulous....  Now, she's a bit young to be retiring, but I thought its a great sentiment for someone starting a new part of their lives.

6 comments:

Lori Rider said...

Great card, Kristin - I'm impressed that your BG is stamped. That must have taken a while! ;) Love the buttons and how you added the eyelets and twine - I never would have thought to do that but it looks awesome!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Ahhh, i WISH it was getting cooler here in Texas! It's still in the high 90's and it need to stop! Ugh! I just love your card, Kristin! That pop of pink is simply perfect. The patterned paper and the sentiment work so perfectly together. Fabulous! Big hugs to you! :)

Marjie Kemper said...

I agree with Lori - that is one VERY cool stamped background! Like you mixed the large and small fonts in the stamps, too. Great card, Kristin.

Tui Nathan said...

Yep ... I am in agreeance with the ladies above ... your background is super cool and really effective ... I soo admire your patience ... love the pool of buttons and anything with twine, well ... I'm an instant fan!!!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Wow, I am so impressed that you stamped that background. It's perfect. I know if I tried it it would be out of wack, probably right at the very end so that I wasted all my time on making it - isn't that always the way? Very cool card and I'm a sucker for buttons so I just love it.

Hope you are having a great week.

Hugs,
Linda

Vicki Burdick said...

Just beautiful, Kristen! Love the BG and the buttons!! Sorry I am so behind on my commenting.