Saturday, August 27, 2011

Boo!

It's another challenge at Our Creative Corner!  The fabulous Vicki is our hostess again this week with a color challenge.  I decided to create a Halloween card, I had these fabulous ghosts with gray book print on it and just had to use it for this challenge. 

I stamped the concave die cut  with Going Grey and antiqued it to match the ghost.  The letter are stickers I had to paint, since I didn't have any red letters and I wanted then to stand out.  The background is wood grain embossed with white craft rubbed along the edges with red stitching around it.  I love halloween, you get to pretend to be someone else for a night.  It's like being onstage again...

Head over to the OCC and check out what the rest of the DT team came up with, then get your craft on and join us!

7 comments:

Sharon Wheet said...

Kristin, your card has ALOT of visual interest! I love all the little touches: partial text print on the ghost and some smudging to help him look semi-transparent. And your text box with the faded 'happy halloween' is wonderful! I love the idea of painting the letters red. Ingenious! and that key hole is perfect! as well as the sewing.
Fabulous card, great techniques, and FUN! Have a great weekend! and do something special-you're special!
hugs,sharon

Vicki Burdick said...

Kristin, I would have never thought of a Halloween card with these colors but yours is pure perfection and so much fun!!!! LOVE it!!!

Marjie Kemper said...

Very fun! Love the red stitching - great way to add color!

Holly Barrett said...

Cute card, Kristen! The ghost is adorable!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Kristin, you are always amazing! I love the white distressing around the edges, and the fact that you painted your letters to match. I am SO into Halloween. I've dressed up every year of my life (which reminds me- I have to figure out what to be this year!). Hope you're having a super week!

Anne Marie Hile said...

So spooky and FUN!! I love the text on the ghost and stitching is a great touch. I am a big fan of Halloween, too. Your card is so perfect for the occasion! Hugs! :)

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Oh, Kristin, I just love what you have done with these colors. I agree with Vicki that I never would have thought to use these colors for Halloween, but this is sensational. I love all the subtle touches you combined here to give this card such great visual impact. Terrific job on the color challenge this week!

Hugs,
Linda