Saturday, August 20, 2011

OCC Sketch challenge

*Please excuse the quality of these photos.  My camera is on strike and my back-up one is on vacation with my in-laws, so I had to use my phone.*

Hello ladies!  It's Our Creative Corner challenge time again and the lovely Vicki is hosting this challenge this week.  She has created this sketch for us to use.  I have to say, it's a layout I LOVE to use....of course every time I've done it, it's on the horizontal....one of my first cards accepted for publication was almost this exact layout!....and I have another one with it coming out soon...


This week I decided to use this DCWC paper I've had laying around for a while.  I love the color combinations in this pad; yellow, green, tan, silver, black and lots of glitter!  The only thing I didn't like about this card is the stitching.  Next time I think I'd do a silver thread instead.  The black is too much and seems to throw it off the balance....hummm.....
Anyhoo - go check out what the amazing OCC team has come up with, Jen's is a knock out!

9 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful card! Love the doily and the bow. I think the stitching looks great. What kind of sewing machine do you use to stitch on your cards?

Marjie Kemper said...

Lovely! That soft orange plays nicely against your other colors and I am loving the pinned ribbon/bow.

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Wonderful - I really love the colors in the papers you've used! I like the way you rotated the sketch - it looks wonderful with the doily background and that lovely seam binding ribbon. Such a lovely sympathy card!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Kristin, this is just stunning! I love that your color palette comes straight from that great paper. The layout looks so cool flipped to the side, and your embellishments are gorgeous. I think the stitching is perfect in black, but would also work just as well in the silver like you mentioned. Hope you have a great week! (and thanks for mentioning my card...I'm so happy you like it!)

Anne Marie Hile said...

Kristin, every single bit of your card is fabulous! I love the rich colors and that fluffy bow. I really like the stitchng...the contrast is perfect. Absolutely beautiful!!! Enjoy your day! :)

Tui Nathan said...

Fabulous card Kristen ... love the colour scheme, very very pretty and that orange sentiment panel is very striking aganst the doily. Gorgeous ribbon treatment and I so love the stick pins you have added, great embellishing .... oh, and I think your stitching is perfect adding just the right amount of contrast!!!

Sharon Wheet said...

Kristin, wow what a fabulous card! I love the colors in the pattern paper, and the silver doily is the perfect addition! I think the black thread is striking! and tie in the black beads on the push pins. Love the whole overall look of your card! FABULOUS!

Cindy Beach said...

How beautiful! I love the soft palette of fresh colors and subtle patterns. Your bow is awesome!

Vicki Burdick said...

This is amazing, love the sketch turned like this, the doily and ribbon are so pretty!!!!